We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

ID of the CustomXmlPart object must be unique Error

Good day,

I am saving to an excel file after manipulating it in the spreadsheet control. For some reason, after saving the document I keep getting this error (ID of the CustomXmlPart object must be unique) when I try to open it again and I am having to delete that file and create a new one by the same name.

Why is this error happening and how can it be avoided?

Thanks,

3 Replies

KB Kanimozhi Bharathi Syncfusion Team November 3, 2016 12:19 PM UTC

Hi Travis Chambers, 

We have checked the issue with our sample. But we were unable to reproduce the issue. Please find the sample link below 

If the issue still reproduces at your end, please modify the above sample to reproduce the issue with replication procedure and  if possible please update us with stack trace details, video clip or snapshot of the issue. So that we will be able to analyze the issue better and update you with appropriate solution. 

Regards 
Kanimozhi B 

CP Catalin Pop March 13, 2017 12:39 PM UTC

I'm getting the same issue. Here's what I'm doing.
  1. I create a spreadsheet using XlsIO as a template for data input.
  2. I use Excel to input the desired data in the generated template.
  3. I import the spreadsheet an read the data, then depending on the data, I modify some of the cells by setting the text value to "precessed".
  4. When I try to import the spreadsheet once more I get this error: ID of the CustomXmlPart object must be unique 

GA Gayathri Arumugam Syncfusion Team March 16, 2017 11:59 AM UTC

Hi Catalin Pop, 

We were able to reproduce the issue and validating on it. A support incident has been created under your account to track the status of this issue. Please log on to our support website to check for further updates.    

Regards, 
Gayathri 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon