We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Color Print of more than 30 columns

Hi,

I am having a grid which has more than 30 columns with horizontal scrolling enabled.Also Some of the cells are coloured.

When I am trying to print, it is getting all rows but not columns. It is getting first 12 columns which are visible without scrolling.

I know 30 columns wouldn't fit in an A4 Paper. However, my requirement is to print some columns in one sheet and the rest in another..Ideally when you put them side by side one can see all the columns.

Also, I have coloured the cells using client side event QueryCellInfo. The print window doesn't pick up the colours

Please let me know how i can achieve this.

Thank you.

3 Replies

JK Jayaprakash Kamaraj Syncfusion Team November 4, 2016 03:59 AM UTC

Hi Indrani, 
A support incident has been created under your account to resolve the issue. Please log on to our support website to check for further updates.  

Regards, 

Jayaprakash K.

AK Arun Kumar July 11, 2017 03:26 AM UTC

I am having same problem also.Is there any solution provided for this issue ?

FS Farveen Sulthana Thameeztheen Basha Syncfusion Team July 12, 2017 04:46 PM UTC

Hi Arun, 

Thanks for contacting syncfusion support. 

Query 1: When I am trying to print, it is getting all rows but not columns. It is getting first 12 columns which are visible without scrolling. I know 30 columns wouldn't fit in an A4 Paper. However, my requirement is to print some columns in one sheet and the rest in another. Ideally when you put them side by side one can see all the columns. 

We have faced some complexities such as when we split the columns and while print misalignment occurs. So, it is not feasible to achieve this requirement. To overcome this problem we suggest you to use our PDF exporting feature and then print the file.    

Please refer the following online sample for pdf exporting and help document

Online Sample: http://mvc.syncfusion.com/demos/web/grid/exportinggrid  

Query 2: I have coloured the cells using client side event QueryCellInfo. The print window doesn't pick up the colours     

We analyzed the above issue and found the cause of the issue is Bootstrap print CSS removes background color. Please refer to the below online link where this query has been discussed. 

Regards, 

Farveen sulthana T 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon