We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Can you provide me an example, where before a page breaks a "subtotal" is inserted using a word table ?

Can you provide me an example, where before a page breaks a "subtotal" is inserted using a word table ?

4 Replies

AK Ayswarya Krishna Kumar Syncfusion Team October 28, 2016 05:40 AM UTC

Hi Customer,

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion support.

We could not understand your requirement with the given details. K
indly elaborate your requirement with clear description (like screenshot of your output or expected output document), thereby we will analyse further on your requirement and update you with appropriate solution at the earliest.

Regards,
Ayswarya

TE Testname October 28, 2016 02:36 PM UTC

something like this

Attachment: picture_4d870518.7z

TE Testname October 28, 2016 02:46 PM UTC

I have a physicall word file with a table placeholder, maybe I can use some kind of word functions ...

SY Sethumanikkam Yogendran Syncfusion Team October 31, 2016 01:38 PM UTC

Hi Customer,

Thank you for your update.

The Word document is a flow document in which contents will not be preserved page by page; instead the contents will be preserved sequentially section by section. Each section may extend to various pages based on its contents like table, text, images etc. Word viewer/editor renders the contents of the Word document page by page dynamically when opened for viewing or editing and these page wise rendered information will not be preserved in the document level as per the Word file format specification. Whereas Essential DocIO is a non UI component that provides a full-fledged document object model to manipulate the Word document contents. Hence currently it is not feasible to get the document contents page by page and print the document contents.

Please refer the below KB article which explains the same:
http://www.syncfusion.com/kb/3989/why-it-is-not-possible-to-access-the-word-document-contents-page-by-page

As per Microsoft Word behavior we can able to set row as header for each page when rows exceeds page. On further analyzing your requirement, it is not possible to set row as footer for each page.

If we misunderstood your requirement, kindly update us requirement with clear description. Thereby we will analyze further on the mentioned requirement and update you with appropriate solution.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
Sethumanikkam.Y

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon