We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Floating Window shown in Windows Taskbar

Is it possible to show the floating window in Windows Taskbar?

Monika

5 Replies

VJ Victory Jessie Selvam D Syncfusion Team October 21, 2016 05:27 AM UTC

Hi Monika,

Thank you for using Syncfusion products.

You can use ShowFloatWindowInTaskbar property and ShowInTaskbar attached property of DockingManager to show the float windows in Taskbar and these properties are available from our 2016 volume 2 release. Float windows can be shown in Taskbar only if UseNativeFloatWindow is set to true for DockingManager. ShowFloatWindowInTaskbar property is used to show all the available float windows in Taskbar. ShowInTaskbar attached property is used to show/hide that particular float window in Taskbar. We have prepared a sample for the same and you can download it from the following link:

Sample: DockingManagerFloatWindowInTaskBar

Regards,
Jessie

MO moni October 21, 2016 07:29 AM UTC

Thanks for the sample.
This works fine.

A second question:
When I start the sample, the window I activate is on top - mainwindow or floated windows.
When I dock a floated window , and float this again, the main window stays in background.
The floating window is then always in front of the main window.
I expect the same reaction as before docking.
What can I do to get this behavior again?

Thanks for your help and kind regards
Monika

VJ Victory Jessie Selvam D Syncfusion Team October 24, 2016 12:58 PM UTC

Hi Monika,

We have modified the sample to show MainWindow on top and you can download it from the following link:

Sample: DockingManager_Topmost

In the sample, we have set Owner as null for all the NativeFloatWindows in the application while the DockState changes to Float.

Regards,
Jessie

MO moni October 25, 2016 05:49 AM UTC

Thank you for the modified sample.
This is what I want.

Regards
Monika

VJ Victory Jessie Selvam D Syncfusion Team October 26, 2016 03:59 AM UTC

Hi Monika,

Thank you for the update.

Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

Regards,
Jessie

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon