We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

ExcelToPdfConverter looses chinese characters

I used ExcelToPdfConverter to convert a excel file containing Chinese characters, the resulting PDF file has lost all the Chinese characters.

XlsIO doesn't support Chinese characters in Pdf conversion?

4 Replies

AV Abirami Varadharajan Syncfusion Team October 19, 2016 07:33 AM UTC

Hi Tmzl, 

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion support. 

We support Chinese characters in ExcelToPDF conversion. However, we have done some enhancements in Unicode text rendering in our recent release version 14.3. 

So, we recommend you to upgrade to the latest version (14.3), which has more enhancements and fixes. The latest version of Syncfusion Essential Studio can be downloaded from the following link.    

If you still reproduce the issue with the latest version, then share us the issue reproducing file which will be helpful for us to provide prompt solution at the earliest. 

Regards,  
Abirami.  

TM tmzl October 19, 2016 08:12 AM UTC

what am I need to do?
FileDownLoadUrl likes "http://www.xxxx.com/xx.xlsx"
But i get the pdf lost all the Chinese characters..

TM tmzl October 19, 2016 08:15 AM UTC

I have upgraded to the  latest version(14.3451.0.49)

AV Abirami Varadharajan Syncfusion Team October 20, 2016 03:42 PM UTC

Hi Tmzl, 

Thank you for updating us. 

We couldn’t find any file in the provided file download URL. However, we suspect the Chinese characters are not rendered since Arial Unicode MS font might not be installed on your machine. Kindly install the fonts and try the conversion. 

If you still reproduce the issue after installing the Arial Unicode MS font , then share us the issue reproducing file which will be helpful for us to provide prompt solution at the earliest. 

Regards, 
Abirami. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon