We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Maximum no.of series in a combination chart

Hi,

I have a combination chart with 11 series in it. The chart worked fine when i have it on a separate view. 

However i am trying to put the same chart in tabs.

Chart is only displayed if i comment one of the series i.e. with 10 series.

It returns a console error "Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'firstChild' of undefined" if i try to return all the 11 series..

I am not able to get my head around it.

What might be the possible reason??

3 Replies

AT Anandaraj T Syncfusion Team October 14, 2016 12:35 PM UTC

Hi Indrani, 

Thanks for using Syncfusion products. 

We have used 12 series in a tab but the reported issue is not replicated. The sample used for testing is available in the following link 

We would like to know the following details so that we can analyze further and provide a solution 

1)      Could you please try the above sample and let us know whether the reported issue is replicated or not ? 
2)      Could you please replicate the reported issue in our sample ? 
3)      Could you please share the code snippet used for the series that should be commented to avoid the error ? 
4)      Could you please share the different types of series used in the combination chart ? 
5)      If the reported issue occurs during an interaction with chart (like zooming, panning, trackball, tooltip, etc.,), could you please share the steps to replicate this issue ? 
6)      Could you please share the screenshot of Chart without any errors ? 

Please let us know if you have any concern. 

Regards, 
Anand 

IG indrani Gajjarapu October 17, 2016 09:48 AM UTC

Hi,

Thanks for your reply..

I have attached the screenshots of

1) Working chart when one of the series is commented

2) Chart is not shown but the tooltip is visible on hover when i uncomment the last series. Also, the same console error  "Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'firstChild' of undefined" is returned

3) Code used to display the chart as well.

Although you can see only three series in the screenshot, i have all the other series to be displayed accordingly on a dropdown selection.

There are no zooming or any other functionalities applied.

The same code works in a different view with all the series.

Please have a look at the screenshots and let me know where have i gone wrong

Attachment: combination_chart_21e68365.zip

AT Anandaraj T Syncfusion Team October 18, 2016 07:11 AM UTC

Hi Indrani, 

Thanks for providing the information. 

We have tried to replicate the reported issue with the code provided in attached file, but the reported issue is not reproduced. The sample used for testing can be downloaded from the following link 

Since the reported issue is not reproduced, we would like to know the following details so that we can proceed further and provide a solution 

1)      Could you please let us know the version of Essential Studio you are using ?  
2)      Could you please try to replicate the reported issue in above sample and attach it in this forum ? 
3)      Could you please provide more information about the tab used in your application ? Whether Syncfusion tab control or other third-party tab control is used in your application? 

The information provided would be of great help in identifying the issue and provide a solution. 

Please let us know if you have any concern. 

Regards, 
 Anand

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon