We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

HyperLink Relative References

Hi,

I have noticed that when I create Hyperlinks in Excel that link to a file relative to the Excel file they are normally created in the following format:
..\..\Test.doc

On occasion though, I have noted that they appear in this format where the backslashes have become forward slashes:
../../Test.doc

When reading Hyperlinks in the Excel file using the xlsio component, the address does not include the backslashes so I therefore have trouble locating where the hyperlinks actually point to. e.g.
Hyperlinks stored in Excel using the first format would show the address as 'Test.doc' whilst hyperlinks stored in Excel using the second format would show the address as '../../Test.doc'

I have yet to discover why Excel is producing the hyperlinks in the two formats however regardless, how do I get xlsio to return the hyperlink in a consistent manner as they appear in Excel?

Many thanks,

3 Replies

SS Sridhar Sukumar Syncfusion Team August 29, 2016 12:56 PM UTC

Hi Ross, 

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion support. 

We are unable to reproduce the issue from our side. We have a shared a simple sample for your reference. Kindly modify the sample to reproduce the issue and share us the modified sample along with the issue reproducing input files which will be helpful for us to give you a prompt solution at the earliest. The sample can be downloaded from following location. 

Sample link: http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/directtrac/general/ze/Hyperlink616471739.zip 

Please let us know if you have any concerns. 

Regards, 

Sridhar S 

RO Ross August 30, 2016 05:49 PM UTC

Hi,
Many thanks for the reply.
I tried your example which worked correctly though I then realised that you are using the .xlsx format in your example whilst I am using .xls
If I save the Sample_Backward.xlsx file to Sample_Backward.xls in your example solution, I get the issue where the relative path information is lost

SS Sridhar Sukumar Syncfusion Team August 31, 2016 12:01 PM UTC

Hi Ross, 

Thank you for updating us. 

We were able to reproduce the problem and have logged defect report regarding this. A support incident to track the status of this defect has been created under your account. Please log on to our support website to check for further updates. 

https://www.syncfusion.com/account/login?ReturnUrl=%2fsupport%2fdirecttrac%2fincidents  

Please let me know if you have any questions. 

Regards, 

Sridhar S 

SIGN IN To post a reply.
Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon