We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

File explorer with path in other server

Hi,

Can I use FileExplorer control for access to folder in other server?

I've an application in a server, but I need access to a folder on another server with file explorer.

If i set the url in the path: "www.serverdata6.es/Folder" I get an error. The virtual path relative path 'www.serverdata6.es/Folder/' is not allowed here.

1 Reply

BP Balamurugan P Syncfusion Team August 29, 2016 12:02 PM UTC

Hi Manolo, 
Sorry for the inconvenience caused 
We have analyzed your requirement. In FileExplorer currently, the path for the filesystem can be physical path or relative path, but it need to be on the machine where the file handling service is hosted. That means, you can access the files from the machine, where the file handling service has been hosted but not from other servers.   
So in order to access the files from another server, we will consider FTP provider that helps to access the files from remote server. we have added it to our feature request list and it can be tracked through our Features Management System: 
We will implement this feature in any of our upcoming releases. We will update you once this feature has been implemented. We are closing this incident now. You can communicate with us regarding the open features at any time using the “Contact” option. 
Regards, 
Balamurugan P 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon