We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Getting Error While Converting Project to Syncfusion MVC

Hello Team,

I am getting error of converting a MVC Project into Syncfusion MVC. I am getting error An exception has been thrown while adding Syncfusion entries in web.config. 

Error on Conversion

Please help me in solving this.

Regards,
Manoj
www.marswebtech.com

10 Replies

KP Kanimozhi Pandian Syncfusion Team August 5, 2016 08:44 AM UTC

Hi Manoj,   

Thank you for using Syncfusion controls.   

We were unable to reproduce the reported issue. We suspect that there may a different structure in your project’s web.config file.   

Could you please share the following with us to proceed further?    

1.     Web.config file of your project.   
2.     Screenshot of the about dialog in your Visual Studio (Help->About Microsoft Visual Studio).        
3.     The InstallInfo.xml file from Syncfusion Essential Studio installed location. You can get the InstallInfo.xml file from the following location.   

Location: {Drive]\Program Files (x86)\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\{Version}\Utilities\InstallInfoGenerator\InstallInfo.xml   

For Ex: C:\Program Files (x86)\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\14.2.0.26\Utilities\InstallInfoGenerator\InstallInfo.xml   

Regards,   
Kanimozhi K.P.   

MS Manoj Sethi August 5, 2016 12:37 PM UTC

Issue is resolved now, it's coming for the specific project. I am using VS 2015 and I created a new blank MVC Project and then tried to convert it. It worked. Thanks for your community support.

KP Kanimozhi Pandian Syncfusion Team August 8, 2016 08:48 AM UTC

Hi Manoj,  

We are happy to know that the issue has resolved. If you face this issue in future, please feel free to approach as with the details that we had requested in our last update.  

Regards, 
Kanimozhi K.P. 

DB Domenico Barile December 7, 2016 02:20 PM UTC

I have the same error and I couldn't recreate the project.
Here are alle the files.

Thanks a lot!
Domenico

Attachment: info_3b2880b3.zip

KP Kanimozhi Pandian Syncfusion Team December 8, 2016 10:06 AM UTC

Hi Domenico  

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion Support.   

We were unable to reproduce the reported issue with default Microsoft Web/MVC/Website application as well as with your web.config file.   

Please share the below information to proceed further.   

1.     Is this specific to a particular project?   
2.     If possible, please share the project with the issue.  

Regards,   
Kanimozhi   

SA Siwakron Apichitsopa March 26, 2017 09:14 AM UTC

Dear

I has same problem. I create new MVC project and use Template from syncfusion.
But I not error web.config.I error about add syncfunsion reference in project.

Thank you

Attachment: Web_d16c78c4.zip

SA Siwakron Apichitsopa March 26, 2017 09:20 AM UTC

Dear Kanimozhi Pandian

I has attach picture file about my error.

Thank you

Attachment: 20170326_161556_d1c9d924.zip

GR Ganesan Rengasamy Syncfusion Team March 27, 2017 10:52 AM UTC

Hi Siwakron, 

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion Support. 

We were unable to reproduce this reported issue. The Syncfusion assembly references added successfully in the project and we could run the Syncfusion ASP.NET MVC project successfully from our end. Please find the working sample here. 

This issue may raise specific machine environment. So, please provide the below items to reproduce the issue from our end.   

1. Reproducing steps of the issue.       
  2. Details about your Visual Studio. Select the Help->About Microsoft Visual Studio. Copy the Visual Studio information by clicking Copy Info and paste this information into notepad. Also, System Information by clicking the System Info and paste into notepad. Share those Visual Studio and System information also.  
  3. Installinfo.xml file. You can get it from below mentioned location. 

{Essential Studio Build Installed location}\{Build Version}\Utilities\InstallInfoGenerator\InstallInfo.xml   
For Example:  C:\Program Files (x86)\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\<Essential Studio Version>\Utilities\InstallInfoGenerator\InstallInfo.xml  

Regards, 
Ganesan R. 

SA Siwakron Apichitsopa March 28, 2017 08:27 AM UTC

Dear Ganesan R.

I has attach my picture and Info.I try recreate but It not work.
And I has download new version at March 24.

Best Regards,

Attachment: SWK_a6304ed9.zip

GR Ganesan Rengasamy Syncfusion Team March 31, 2017 04:45 PM UTC

Hi Siwakron,    

Thanks for the update.    

We have created a new incident under your account regarding this query. Please track that incident for further details by login with your Syncfusion account.     

Regards,    
Ganesan R.   

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon