We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Disable "Overtype" in GridControl Cell (DoubleEdit)

Hello Syncfusion

I have a GridControl with cells of type DoubleEdit. If I click on a cell and start changing the value, overtype is enabled, i.e. when I type a digit, the digit right after the cursor is replaced by the just typed one. This is a behavior most users are not used to, thus disrupting the work flow. Even stranger is the behavior when selecting a digit and then starting to type. Although the digit is replaced correctly, the cursor jumps one digit to the right of the one just typed.

With "overtype" I mean the behavior normally achieved by using the "Insert" button.

I would like to disable this, if possible! How can I achieve this?

3 Replies

KB Kanimozhi Bharathi Syncfusion Team July 4, 2016 12:29 PM UTC

Hi Marco Studer,   

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion Support.   

We have checked your issue in DoubleEdit CellType of GridControl, but we were unable to reproduce the issue with our sample. Please find the sample link below,   

If the issue still persists at your end, please modify the above sample to reproduce the issue and update us with the replication procedure. So that we can analyze the issue and provide an appropriate solution.   

Regards   
Kanimozhi B 

MS Marco Studer July 4, 2016 12:48 PM UTC

I think the issue only applies for virtual grids. I modified your sample to load its data out of an array. If you click on a cell in the second column and start typing (e.g. in front of the first digit behind the decimal point), the following digits are overwritten.

Were you able to reproduce it?

Attachment: WpfApplication21virtual_b91d0578.zip

KB Kanimozhi Bharathi Syncfusion Team July 5, 2016 12:33 PM UTC

Hi Marco Studer, 

We were able to reproduce the issue and the issue is related to Tools team. Hence we have forwarded your query internally .A support incident has been created under your account to track the status of this issue. Please log on to our support website to check for further updates.
https://www.syncfusion.com/account/login?ReturnUrl=/support/directtrac/incidents 

Regards    
Kanimozhi B  

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon