We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

How to run ASP MVC 4.5.2 web app in Ubuntu/CentOs7

Hello, I want to port my ASP MVC app that uses Syncfusion Grid and Scheduler to Linux (Ubuntu 16.04 LTS, Centos7).

Can you tell me if it now works on Linux.
  1. What are the steps to port the application (SF controls web app based on EntityFramework, Identity Membership and MS Sql, now installed on the linux Box).
  2. Is this basic copy and paste or do you have helper to migrate.
  3. Are there any special items I need to watch out for
  4. Since IIS is absent there, how would I host and manage.
  5. During compile, what target platform should I check
  6. How could I upgrade to the next version of SF controls.

thanks
Mega

3 Replies

GV Gowthami V Syncfusion Team June 23, 2016 04:14 PM UTC

Hi Mega, 

Thanks for using Syncfusion products. 
Query 1: What are the steps to port the application (SF controls web app based on EntityFramework, Identity Membership and MS Sql, now installed on the linux Box) and How could I upgrade to the next version of SF controls. 
We have provided Asp.Net Core RC2 support in the version Volume 2,2016 release which is expected to be roll out at the end of this week. So we have provided the below sample with Asp.Net Core RC2 with  nugget package and the same can be downloaded from the following link, 
Please copy the below Nuget package in the mentioned location, 

Query 2: Is this basic copy and paste or do you have helper to migrate. Are there any special items I need to watch out for and Since IIS is absent there, how would I host and manage. 
Please refer to the below general link for hosting in Linux, 
For hosting MVC sample in Linux refer the above link. 
Query 3: During compile, what target platform should I check 
You can set target platform as “Asp.Net 4.5.2” or higher. 
Regards, 

Gowthami V. 

ME Megatron July 27, 2016 02:11 AM UTC

I looked at the link on SO and its fairly out of date from 2009!

For e.g. with the OWIN host and Ubunutu 16LTS, what are your configurations, some of these components did not exist back then, do you have a working sample that's been tested on Ubuntu, is there a VM image we can download?

SS Seeni Sakthi Kumar Seeni Raj Syncfusion Team July 27, 2016 02:24 PM UTC

Hi Mega, 

Refer the following articles to run the ASP.Net Core Sample on the Ubuntu and Owin.  

In our previous update, the sample has been attached with the ASP.Net project. Please refer the sample and run it on Ubuntu server using above articles. 

Regards, 
Seeni Sakthi Kumar S. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon