We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Time-based SwimLane chart

We currently produce a time based swimlane chart that show software/hardware release time lines as well as software and hardware component timelines. This is all done with custom code that is largely unmodifiable due to the way it was written long ago by people who no longer are available. It looks similar to the attached diagram, but has more relationship lines. There would also be different types of lines denoting different relationships between objects. I have a need to build an interactive version of this chart. I see a Gantt chart control and a diagram control that would let me do a swimlane chart, but I do not see anything that combines both features. Is this possible to do and if so, how would I go about it.

Thanks for any assistance.

Attachment: SwimlaneTimelineProjectView_b77c0486.zip

3 Replies

RA Rachel A Syncfusion Team May 26, 2016 12:09 PM UTC

Hi Robert, 

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion support. 

We have created an incident to log a feature report on behalf of you. Our support engineer will assist you through incident. We request you to follow with the incident for further details. 

https://www.syncfusion.com/account/login?ReturnUrl=/support/directtrac/incidents 

Regards, 

Rachel. A 

PM Paul McCranie March 2, 2023 03:54 AM UTC

Did you ever build it?

Paul

SS SaiGanesh Sakthivel Syncfusion Team March 2, 2023 12:57 PM UTC

Hi Paul,

#Regarding support for Swimlane TimeLine View in GanttControl

As of now, the Gantt control does not have support for the same. We have logged a feature request from our end. We will implement this feature in any of our upcoming releases.

At the planning stage for every release cycle, we review all open features and identify features for implementation based on specific parameters including product vision, technological feasibility, and customer interest. We will let you know when this feature is implemented. We appreciate your patience until then.

You can also communicate with us regarding the open features any time using our Feature Report page. 

Feedback link:
https://www.syncfusion.com/feedback/41694/provide-support-for-swimlane-timeline-view-in-ganttcontrol

If you have any more specification/suggestions to the feature request, you can add it as a comment in the portal and cast your vote to make it count.

SIGN IN To post a reply.
Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon