We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

SFCalendar control discrepency over the three platforms

I have implemented the calendar control within my Forms app, which targets the Xamarin platforms along with Windows Phone 8.1 Silverlight. I have set show inline events to false, but when selecting a day which has events on the Windows phone, the inline display is toggled. I have tried setting the value in both code behind and XAML, and only effects Windows Phone. This has been tried on a device rather than the simulator. Also on both Windows Phone and Android, events are not indicated within the calendar control, but seems to work fine in IOS. Is there anything I am missing to get the same behaviour (Month indicator of events, no inline display) for all three platforms?

3 Replies

HM Hemalatha Marikumar Syncfusion Team May 24, 2016 11:44 AM UTC

Hi James,

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion Support.

Query: Set show inline events to false, but when selecting a day which has events on the Windows phone and Event is not indicated in Windowphone

We were able to reproduce the issue and have logged defect report regarding this. A support incident to track the status of this defect has been created under your account. Please log on to our support website to check for further updates.

https://www.syncfusion.com/account/login?ReturnUrl=%2fsupport%2fdirecttrac%2fincidents/

Query: Event is not indicated in android

In our current implementation, the colored line height is drawn based on the difference between the start and end time. So if the start and end time is the same then the colored line will not be indicated in the cell and it is the intended behavior of Calendar Inline events implementation.

we have created a sample with inlineEvent. It can be downloaded from the following link

Link: https://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/directtrac/154309/ze/Incident-1543091807323752  

Regards,
Hemalatha M.R

JB James Baldwinson May 24, 2016 12:28 PM UTC

Thanks for the quick reply. For both Android and Windows phone the events are not shown, but are on IOS when looking at the same page and data. So if it appears on IOS I would expect it to also appear on the other platforms. I have seen it being shown on Windows Phone, but only after pushing and popping from the navigation stack. The calendar page is held within a tabbed page, if that makes any difference.

HM Hemalatha Marikumar Syncfusion Team May 25, 2016 10:16 AM UTC

Hi James,

Thanks for your update.

Query :On Android and windows phone for Xamarin

We have considered the behavior of Inline event in SfCalendar on android platform as an issue and have logged defect report regarding this. A support incident to track the status of this defect has been already created under your account.

Regards,
Hemalatha M.R.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon