We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Change background color of cell depending on subject name

Hi,
Is it possible to change the background color of a cell depending on the string value of the subject name?

Thanks.

4 Replies

MA Manish May 2, 2016 08:20 AM UTC

Hi,

I am also looking for the same kind of solution. In my case if an attachment column contains path of the file name, then it should show attachment image and after click on it it should ask for download. If attachment column is empty, then cell should be blank.

MA Manish replied to Mahindra Morar May 2, 2016 12:03 PM UTC

Hi,
Is it possible to change the background color of a cell depending on the string value of the subject name?

Thanks.

Hi Mahindra,

I just found the solution for this. It works for me. here is the link.
Syncfusion people are great.

KK Karthigeyan Krishnamurthi Syncfusion Team May 2, 2016 04:37 PM UTC

Hi Manish, 

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion support. 

Query: If column contains path of the file name, then it should show attachment image otherwise cell should be blank. 

We are happy to hear that your requirement is achieved. 

Regards, 
Karthigeyan K

KK Karthigeyan Krishnamurthi Syncfusion Team May 2, 2016 04:40 PM UTC

Hi Mahindra, 

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion support. 

Query: Is it possible to change the background color of a cell depending on the string value of the subject name? 

By default, Scheduler doesn’t have a built-in option to customize the cells based on the Appointment subject. An alternative way can be used to achieve the cell background customization based on specific time range or specific dates using the cell template option or queryCellInfo event. The cells can be customized in any one of the following ways. 

1.       QueryCellInfo option allows you to customize almost all the scheduler sub-elements such as work/time/header cells. 

2.       Template option allows you to customize the cells based on the date, view, resources and timescale. 

In case, if you need to customize the appointment background color using template option based on the appointment subject, we have prepared the sample which can be downloaded from the following location: 

If suppose, we have misunderstood your query or else if you need to customize only the background cells that lies behind the appointments – then kindly revert back to us with detailed information on which scenario do you need to customize the background cells behind the appointments, so that we will further analyze and provide you with better solution. 

Please let us know, if you need any further assistance on this. 

Regards, 
Karthigeyan K

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon