We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Message when attempting to paste into ejRTE using right mouse button

Hello,

When attempting to paste into ejRTE using right-click I sometimes receive this message:

"Your browser doesn't support direct access to the clipboard.  Please use Ctrl-V keyboard shortcut instead of paste operation."

This happens in several different browsers and apparently is due to JavaScript restrictions imposed by the browser.  However, I had never observed this until upgrading my site to the 14.1.0.41 release recently.  Before that, the right click seemed to work.

I am just curious if this behavior is new version 14 or has been there all along.

thank you,
Randy Craven

1 Reply

DT Dhivyalakshmi Thirumurugan Syncfusion Team April 21, 2016 12:38 PM UTC

Hi Randy,

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support.

In volume 1, 2016, we have given support to own context menu by restricting the default browser context menu, which provides you the options for quick access but, with that clipboard action are restricted based on browser behavior.

However we can disable the context menu by using ShowContextMenu API and it needs to be set as false, if you wish to continue with default browser context menu.

For UG Reference: http://help.syncfusion.com/js/richtexteditor/working-with-content#clipboard-operations

Please let me know if any concerns. 

Regards,
Dhivyalakshmi.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon