We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Samples not working

Hi there,
I've installed the Sync Fusion Essential Studio (latest build) into Visual Studio 2015 Update 1.
I open the dashboard and navigate to the Universal Windows samples and then click "RUN LOCAL SAMPLES".
Visual Studio opens the solution, but it fails to compile with the following error,

SeverityCodeDescriptionProjectFileLineSuppression State
ErrorChild node "2" exited prematurely. Shutting down. Diagnostic information may be found in files in the temporary files directory named MSBuild_*.failure.txt.Common_2015

No idea what's in that file as I can't find it.
Any ideas?
Nick.

3 Replies

VJ Victory Jessie Selvam D Syncfusion Team February 10, 2016 05:25 AM UTC

Hi Nick,

Thank you for using Syncfusion products.

It appears like MSbuild is not using your machine’s virtual memory properly. And also the problem may occur if you run UWP project with longer folder path(Probably more than 250 characters). We suggest you to clean up some memory space in disk to increase the virtual memory space. Also uninstall the older Essential Studio versions if it is not necessary and install only the required platforms in needed version to increase virtual memory.

Regards,
Jessie

NP Nick Pateman February 10, 2016 06:57 AM UTC

hi there,

unfortunately that isn't the issue, I have 8gb of ram and plenty available. My virtual memory is also fine. I've tried copy the files from their original location in program files to a new shorter path too, and the error persists. I had already googled the error code and noted those suggestions, also as mentioned in my original post, the samples were loaded from the dashboard, so if the path is too long then the installer is erroneously creating them. Anyways, that's not the issue I'm afraid.

I will try another PC over the weekend to see if it is my installation of Visual Studio that's causing the problem.

Nick

VJ Victory Jessie Selvam D Syncfusion Team February 11, 2016 10:54 AM UTC

Hi Nick,

We will wait until we hear from you.

Regards,
Jessie

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon