We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Certain Issues on Windows Server 2012

1. Dashboard Designer can connect to SQL Server datasources at design time. The Preview/Run is not able to. ErrorLog reports a denied attempt to login to SQL Server as NT-AUTHORITY/SYSTEM. The given user at design time would have been correct. Even though Windows Authentication of the used (local) SQL Server instance is active and working, the SYSTEM-Users role is 'public' and it hasn't any database rights on default by installation of SQL Server 2014 Enterprise x64.
  2. The Dashboard Designer can't login to Dashboard Server ("Invalid login"). No ErrorLog in C:\Program Files (x86)\Syncfusion\Dashboard Platform SDK\Utilities.
  3. Utilization of Cuda is a nice fature. Why there has to be ongoing load (61%, GTX 560 Ti) as shown in GPU Meter after adding the first control to the Dashboard is unclear.

7 Replies

PR Paul Raj Kumar J Syncfusion Team December 9, 2015 12:12 PM UTC

Hi Customer,

Thank you for your interest on Syncfusion Dashboard Designer.

Query
Response

The Preview/Run denied with the  login of SQL Server as NT-AUTHORITY/SYSTEM
With the Windows Authentication of the used (local) SQL Server instance is active and working,

1.      SQL server could not connected in windows authentication mode when run the preview window under windows service. It will happen only when the local system account don't have login access privilege in SQL Server, as our windows service used to run in local system account.

3.      Please refer the following link for solution: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/dataaccesstechnologies/archive/2010/01/30/testing-connection-to-sql-server-from-a-service-running-under-local-system-account.aspx
However please find the attached document which describes the  Steps to run windows service with local connection, without getting authentication error in preview.

Download Link: https://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/directtrac/general/ze/Running_windows_service_with_Local_connection-1517082391.zip

The Dashboard Designer can't login to Dashboard Server ("Invalid login").

4.      We would like to inform you that we are unable to reproduce this issue at our end. Could you please check from your side once again and revert us with the replication procedure which is to be reproduced this issue? So that it will be more helpful for the further investigation on this issue.

Why there has to be ongoing load (61%, GTX 560 Ti) as shown in GPU Meter after adding the first control to the Dashboard is unclear.

5.      Regarding dashboard designer application is utilizing of more GPU even when adding the first control to the Dashboard. we will get this investigated at our end and provide required fix in our main release which can be expected in January 2016.

Let us know if you require further assistance on this.

Regards,
Paul

DT dtr December 10, 2015 04:39 PM UTC

Thank you Paul,

your answer has been very helpful.
Hence obstacles and errors come to me successively and may be spicific for the given configuration, I'll report them with your permission in this very thread.
  1. solved, this hopefully applies only to the local database server.
  2. There isn't much of a procedure. It's just what is written. I've got two users able to login to the local Dashboard Servers Web frontend. Both can't Server > Login or Publish > Dashboard/Data Source just getting the answer "Invalid login".
    IISExpress\Log got no entry for this, so the connection hasn't been tried that way.
  3. The load appears the moment the first Dashboard control is dragged in and ends after removing the last one.
  4. NEW: see image linked (really no image attachements?) . All Card controls (even those of the Dashboard Server samples) show NaN in the published Dashboard and in Preview.

Regards to you,

Dieter

NaN in Card View control Preview

PR Paul Raj Kumar J Syncfusion Team December 11, 2015 09:17 AM UTC

Hi Dieter,

Thanks for your interest on the Syncfusion dashboard designer.

Query
Response

There isn't much of a procedure. It's just what is written. I've got two users able to login to the local Dashboard Servers Web frontend. Both can't Server > Login or Publish > Dashboard/Data Source just getting the answer "Invalid login".
IISExpress\Log got no entry for this, so the connection hasn't been tried that way.

Could you please share us the below log files with the respective locations where the Syncfusion Dashboard Server setup was installed location from your machine. so that it would be more helpful for us to investigate on this further?

File name
%programdata%\Syncfusion\Dashboard Server\Logs\DashboardServer.Web\errors.txt
debug-info.txt
%programdata%\Syncfusion\Dashboard Server\Logs\DashboardServer.Web\debug-info.txt

All Card controls (even those of the Dashboard Server samples) show NaN in the published Dashboard and in Preview.
We would like to inform you that we are able to reproduce this issue and we will get this investigated at our end and provide required fix in our upcoming service pack release which can be expected in mid of next week.

Let us know if you require further assistance on this.

Regards,
Paul

DT dtr December 14, 2015 12:08 PM UTC

Hello Paul,

the idea of the Dashboard Designer is good for a really useful tool and I like your Syncfusion Plus program. So the least I can do is to provide you with bugs :-).
Debug information now on disposal, I did some testing with one particular result: No attempt to connect to the Dashboard Server by Dashboard Client leaves a print neither in debug-info nor in errors. To connect by webclient leaves some lines in debug-info.txt.
That meant to me that the key problem is to connect to the server. In Dashboard Designer I tried Server > Login
Server Name or IP address: localhost, 127.0.0.1, COMPUTERNAME,  IPv6-Address
with and without :54719 (read from the browser address line)
shut down firewall
starting Dashboard Designer as admin
all useless.
Is it possible, that a port for the server has been chosen at server installation, the Dashboard Designer wouldn't know?
I mean: How does it know on which port to connect to while the server port is of choice and it can't be told to the Dashboard Designer?
Could it have been a problem to install the Dashboard Designer before the server so it didn't figure out the server port that time?

Nice regards,

Dieter

RC Rajadurai C Syncfusion Team December 14, 2015 12:27 PM UTC

Hi Dieter,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Can you please confirm whether you have entered the IP address like, https://localhost:54719/ in the specified box? Using other than this format, will display "Invalid Login" message.

Regards,
Rajadurai

DT dtr December 14, 2015 12:46 PM UTC

Hello Rajadurai,

I can confirm that I didn't and that it worked as I did. Needless to say, that the correct naming of what to enter in this field isn't "Hostname or IP address" but "Server URL".
Also the message "Invalid login" doesn't lead instantly direct to the nature of the problem.

Thanks nonetheless and have a nice day,

Dieter

AA Arulraj A Syncfusion Team December 15, 2015 06:05 AM UTC

Hi Dieter,

I regret for the inconvenience caused due to the naming convention used in the user interface. We have created a task to improve the UI and this will be available in our main release which is available in the month of January 2016.

Please let us know if you have any further concerns.

Regards,
Arulraj A

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon