We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Always start with the first content in tab Navigation

Hi Good day,

Is there a way that the items in a tab navigation always start's with the first content?
because i have a tab navigation with three content the first one is named "FirstItem". When i navigate to the last using navigation buttons then collapsed it. Then click a button that makes it visible and has a code FirstItem.IsSelected = true; it is still in the third content but display's the first content.

Thank you.

5 Replies

VR Vijayalakshmi Roopkumar Syncfusion Team September 23, 2015 10:35 AM UTC

Hi John,

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion Support

We have tried the scenario which you have reported with the TabNavigationControl. When setting the first item as isselected, the firsttabcontent is visible. We have prepared a sample that demonstrate the same and also taken the video. Please find it from the following links:

Sample:TabNavigation-120511

Video:video_120511

Kindly check our sample and video and let us know if it meets your requirement. If not, could you please brief about your requirement along with the scenario which is used in your application? It would be helpful for us to proceed further on this.
Please let us know if you have any other concern,
Regards,
Vijayalakshmi V.R.

BR Bryceboang October 2, 2015 01:41 AM UTC

Hello Sir.

Thank you  for the sample project and response.

As you can see in the sample that you provided when you navigate to the third content then click the NavigatetoFirstContent. It navigates to the first content but the navigationbutton
is still in the third content. when you click the left navigation button it navigates you to the second content which is wrong. What i was hoping to see is when you navigate to the
first button the navigation button will also navigate to the first content.

Thank you again.

VJ Victory Jessie Selvam D Syncfusion Team October 2, 2015 11:07 AM UTC

Hi John,

Thank you for your update.

We suggest you to set the SelectedIndex property for selecting the TabNavigationItem for resolving this problem instead of setting the IsSelected property. We have prepared a sample for the same, please download it from the following link:

Sample: TabNavigation

Please let us know if you need further assistance on this.

Regards,
Jessie

BR Bryceboang October 6, 2015 01:15 AM UTC

Hi Sir Jessie,

Thankyou for the reply. It really helped me a lot.

God Bless and More power to Syncfusion.

Regards,

Joshua

VR Vijayalakshmi Roopkumar Syncfusion Team October 6, 2015 10:31 AM UTC

Hi John,

Thank you for your update

Please let us know if you need any other assistance on this.

Regards,
Vijayalakshmi V.R.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon