We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

PDF Viewer bookmark navigation and highlight all occurrences of Search

I am trying to build a PDf viewer which can highlight all occurrences of a search string and even travel to the specified bookmark in a pdf document. However, till now i managed to find only the findtext method which returns the co-ordinates of the text but no way to highlight the text on those co-ordinates. Is there any way to do that in the control ?

Any way to traverse bookmarks in the most recent versions of PDf Viewer ?

8 Replies

AS Anumeet Soni August 31, 2015 10:47 AM UTC

****any response guys ??****

BS Balasubramanian Sundararajan Syncfusion Team August 31, 2015 12:31 PM UTC

Hi Anumeet,

We have analyzed your requirement and at present we do not support Bookmark navigation and highlight all occurrence of text search in our PDF Viewer. We would like to inform you that we have logged this as a feature request in our database. We will implement this feature in any of our upcoming releases. We usually have an interval of at least three months between releases. The feature implementation would also greatly depend on the factors such as product design, code compatibility and complexity. Please log on to our support website to check for further updates:

https://www.syncfusion.com/account/login?ReturnUrl=%2fsupport%2fdirecttrac%2fincidents  

As a workaround we have created a sample for bookmark navigation in the PDF document. Please find the same in the link below.

http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/forum/120079/ze/Bookmark_Sample-2072710542

Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

Regards,

Balasubramanian

BE Belikov September 4, 2015 07:05 PM UTC

I am also interested in this feature.
In one of my current projects, we need to be able to search text programmatically, highlight found text and scroll the document to the first search result.
Maybe we can somehow programmatically add the text into the search field and press the button to search it? I did such trick with the standard WPF DocumentViewer.

PR Parthipan R Syncfusion Team September 7, 2015 09:06 AM UTC

Hi Belikov,

Thank you for using Syncfusion Products. 
A support incident to track the status on your requirement has been created under your account. Please log on to our support website to check for further updates.
https://www.syncfusion.com/account/login?ReturnUrl=%2fsupport%2fdirecttrac%2fincidents

please let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,
Parthipan

CT Chandan Tamrakar December 27, 2022 05:06 AM UTC

Hi,  

I am also looking for this similar implementation support - PDF Viewer highlight all occurrences of Search and  bookmark navigation on highlighted text . I am  using Syncfusion.EJ2.PdfViewer.AspNet.Mvc5.

Please let me know if this is feature is implemented and provide me code  snippet/sample code for the same.

KG Krithika Ganesan Syncfusion Team December 29, 2022 06:34 AM UTC

Chandan, we have created a new ticket for you query. Please have a follow up with the new ticket for further updates.

CT Chandan Tamrakar replied to Krithika Ganesan December 29, 2022 07:47 AM UTC

Hi,

I do not see follow up ticket for this. Can you provide me the link for new ticket to follow up ?

AA Anitha Azhagesan Syncfusion Team December 30, 2022 09:59 AM UTC

Hi Chandan,

Please follow the below steps to find the ticket,

Login into Syncfusion website.

Navigate to View Tickets under Support.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon