We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Am I First? Error attempting to run sample...SyncfusionUniversalWindows demo

I am running Windows 10, VS 2015.  I downloaded the UWP Version 13.2.0.34 (Service Pack) (both the ZIP and the EXE) and I am unable to compile the sample.

When I try to run the sample, I get this error:  Could not find SDK "SyncfusionUniversalWindows, Version=13.2.0.34". Common_2015

Did anyone else have this problem?  Is there a fix?

TonyT

8 Replies

VJ Victory Jessie Selvam D Syncfusion Team August 21, 2015 11:27 AM UTC

Hi Tony,

Thank you for using Syncfusion products.

We are unable to reproduce the reported issue "Compilation error in Universal Windows SampleBrowser". Kindly ensure the following SDK locations are available in your system and do the following steps to add them manually,

SDK locations:
[Drive]:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\Extension SDKs\SyncfusionUniversalWindows
[Drive]:\Program Files (x86)\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\13.2.0.34\Universal Windows\10.0\SDK

Steps:
1) Right click on References in Common project
2) Select Add Reference
3) Choose Extensions under Universal Windows tab
4) Select Syncfusion controls for UWP XAML

Kindly get back to us with the build mode of Sample Browser if you are able to reproduce the issue even after following these steps.

Please let us know if you need further assistance on this.

Regards,
Jessie

YJ Yang Jun August 22, 2015 12:55 AM UTC

I met the same issure.
Yes. You need to add SyncfusionUniversalWindows ref by yourself.

VJ Victory Jessie Selvam D Syncfusion Team August 24, 2015 10:41 AM UTC

Hi Yang Jun,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Still we are unable to reproduce the reported compilation error in Sample browser. Kindly add the Syncfusion Universal Windows SDK package manually to resolve it.

Regards,
Jessie

TT Tony Thornton August 24, 2015 11:34 AM UTC

I copied the contents of the C:\Program Files (x86)\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\13.2.0.34\Universal Windows\10.0\SDK into the 
C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\Extension SDKs\SyncfusionUniversalWindows\13.2.0.34 folder and then was able to get the sample to build and run.

Thank you for your help.  Shouldn't the install procedure be doing that already?  Is it working for others?  Maybe, should I have run the install program as Administrator?

VJ Victory Jessie Selvam D Syncfusion Team August 25, 2015 05:57 AM UTC

Hi Tony,

Thank you for your update.

We are glad to know that your issue has been resolved finally.

Query #1: Shouldn't the install procedure be doing that already?
The installer will copy Syncfusion assemblies to Windows kit SDK location by default.

Query #2: Is it working for others? Maybe, should I have run the install program as Administrator?
Still we are unable to reproduce this issue in our side. We suspect that it may be due to some interruptive actions or keeping Visual Studio open during installation. By default, the installer will run as Administrator.

Regards,
Jessie

VJ Victory Jessie Selvam D Syncfusion Team August 25, 2015 08:37 AM UTC

Hi Tony,

For checking the reported issue at our end, could you please follow the steps suggested in the below KB article link and send us the zip file which consists of Syncfusion Installer logs generated by our tool? It would be helpful for us to resolve the reported issue at the earliest.
http://www.syncfusion.com/kb/2331

Regards,
Jessie

TT Tony Thornton August 25, 2015 12:05 PM UTC

Done.  Please see incident # 143199

VJ Victory Jessie Selvam D Syncfusion Team August 26, 2015 08:32 AM UTC

Hi Tony,

Thanks for the update.

Kindly follow the incident to get the issue resolved.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Regards,
Jessie

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon