We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

CardView - Group only by predefined properties

Hello,
in the CardView control is it possible to define what properties can be grouped or sorted?

Thanks
Damiano

7 Replies

SM Sugapriya Mariappan Syncfusion Team May 18, 2015 09:32 AM UTC

Hi Damano,

We have analyzed your query and prepared a sample which tries to meet your requirement by using “GroupCards Method” and to sort the CardView control by using SortDescription . In the sample we have implemented GroupCards method in the Button Click event to Group CardViewItems by Header property and also we have sorted CardViewItems based on Header Property in Ascending Direction using SortDescription.

Please download the sample from below link

Sample link:CardViewSample.zip

Please let us know if you need any other assistance.

Regards,
M.Sugapriya

GC Gregory Cogneau August 11, 2015 02:26 AM UTC

Hello,

Can you tell me how I can set group in XAML for card view ?

Thanks
Gregory

VR Vijayalakshmi Roopkumar Syncfusion Team August 11, 2015 11:29 AM UTC

Hi Gregory,

Thank you for your update

In our implementation of the CardView control, we don't have a direct property to group the CardViewItems in XAML. But we have modify our last updated sample by creating a workaround that tries to meet your requirement. In this sample, we have implemented the attached property called "GroupHeader" which is used to group the cardview items according to its values and you can give multiple GroupHeader by seperating the values by comma.

Kindly download the sample from the below link:

Sample:CardViewSample_Modified

Please try our sample and let us know if this helps you,

Regards,
Vijayalakshmi V.R.

GC Gregory Cogneau August 12, 2015 02:22 PM UTC

Thanks for your reply !
Another question I have some problem to bind selectedItem on a cardview to my page datacontext I'm working under MVVM.

Can you help me with that ?

Thanks
Gregory

VR Vijayalakshmi Roopkumar Syncfusion Team August 13, 2015 09:49 AM UTC

Hi Gregory,

We are able to reproduce the issue "SelectedItem binding not working properly with CardView" and have logged defect report regarding this. A support incident to track the status of this defect has been created under your account. Please log on to our support website to check for further updates

https://www.syncfusion.com/account/login?ReturnUrl=%2fsupport%2fdirecttrac%2fincidents

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,
Vijayalakshmi V.R.

FR Francis replied to Vijayalakshmi Roopkumar November 16, 2019 08:57 AM UTC

Hi Gregory,

We are able to reproduce the issue "SelectedItem binding not working properly with CardView" and have logged defect report regarding this. A support incident to track the status of this defect has been created under your account. Please log on to our support website to check for further updates

https://www.syncfusion.com/account/login?ReturnUrl=%2fsupport%2fdirecttrac%2fincidents

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,
Vijayalakshmi V.R.

Any update on this matter?

KP Kanniyappan Panneer Selvam Syncfusion Team November 18, 2019 10:40 AM UTC

Hi Francis, 

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support. 

We checked your query and the reported issue has already been fixed in our latest versions. Please find the sample and screenshot for the same. 

Screenshot: 

Please let us know if you have any further assistance. 

Regards, 
Kanniyappan P 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon