We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

auto maximize an element in docking manager

Hi,

I am using docking manager to show an ItemsControl and a AutoHide element.

the docking manager is defined as MDI , the first element is defined as a Document(the ItemsControl).
I want the Document to auto maximize but instead it is first appears as a small window, not covering all the free space it has.
only when I click on the maximize button, it s maximize. but i want it to be automatically maximize first.

I hope you can solve my problem. 
Thank you!

3 Replies

VJ Victory Jessie Selvam D Syncfusion Team May 13, 2015 08:32 AM UTC

Hi Anat,

Thank you for using Syncfusion products.

We have prepared a sample and tried to meet your requirement. In the sample, we have set DocumentContainer.MDIWindowState attached property to Maximized for the ItemsControl and set the ItemsControl as ActiveWindow of DockingManager so that it will be maximized automatically. Kindly download the sample from following link:

Sample: DockingManager_MDI.zip

Please let us know whether the provided sample meets your requirement or not.

Regards,
Jessie

AN Anat May 13, 2015 09:15 AM UTC

Thank you, that was helpfull and solve my problem!

If I may ask another question, how can I change the background, font size,  etc. (and also the Header Properties) of an object in the DockingPanel? 
for example  how to change these properties in the ContentControl in your example above.

Thank you!

VJ Victory Jessie Selvam D Syncfusion Team May 14, 2015 11:28 AM UTC

Hi Anat,

Thank you for your update.

Please download the modified sample that tries to meet your requirement from the following link. In the sample, we have set HeaderBackground, SideTabItemBackground and HeaderTemplate properties to change the Background and FontSize of ContentControl.

Sample: DockingManager_MDI.zip

Please let us know if you need further assistance on this.

Regards,
Jessie

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon