We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

MouseWheel Scrolling on classic ASP.NET gridgroupingcontrol

I have used the grid grouping control on several pages on a website and have noticed that using the mousewheel to scroll through the records in these tables only seems to work if the mouse cursor is actually over the vertical scrollbar. If you use the mouse wheel over the records themself the whole page seems to scroll rather than the table.

How do I set the gridgroupingcontrol (properties etc) so that when the mouse is over the records that when the mousewheel is used the table scrolls up and down as it does when mouse is over the vertical scrollbar?

Version 11.3040.0.30

5 Replies

SK Shanmugaraja K Syncfusion Team April 21, 2015 05:16 PM UTC

Hi Graham,

Thanks for using Syncfusion products.

We have analysed your requirement. We suspect that you have been using Frozen rows or Frozen columns with scrolling, we would like to let you know that the issue has been fixed in our latest version and we suggest you to upgrade to the latest version. Latest version can be downloaded from the following link.

Download link: http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/latest-version

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Regards,Shanmugaraja K

GG Graham Gardner April 22, 2015 04:03 PM UTC

Ok I have installed version 13.1400.0.21 and yes it does now scroll when cursor is over the records as well as  the scroll bar, thank you.

One further thing with the scrolling, is it possible to increase the scroll step for each turn of the mousewheel it seems to be quite small currently.

NOTE: I am using the web forms gridgroupingcontrol and not the windows forms version, I have been looking through the documentation and most scrolling settings seem to apply to the windows forms control only.

SK Shanmugaraja K Syncfusion Team April 23, 2015 12:23 PM UTC

Hi Graham,

Thanks for your update.

Before we start to providing you a solution, could you please update us the following information?

1. How many records you have rendering in your Grid?

2. Did you useGrid pager in your sample?

3. If, you are using the Grid pager in your sample, please let us know how many records you have rendering in single page.

Please share the above information with us, so that we can work on this and provide you a better solution.

Regards,

Shanmugaraja K

GG Graham Gardner April 23, 2015 12:32 PM UTC

The Grids I have do use the Grid Pager, and the user can select from 5 options the number of records displayed per page

10 The Default number

Thanks

SK Shanmugaraja K Syncfusion Team April 24, 2015 12:35 PM UTC

Hi Graham,

Thanks for your update.

We considered this [“Mouse wheel scroll small with frozen rows”] as an issue and a support incident has been created under your account to track the status of this requirement. Please log on to our support website to check for further updates.

https://www.syncfusion.com/account/login?ReturnUrl=/support/directtrac/incidents

Regards,Shanmugaraja K

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon