We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Series spacing

Hello,

I created a chart with three series, each having only one data point. The reason for this is that I wanted each bar to have a different color and I couldn't find a way to do that with all three data points being part of one series.

The challenge I have now is that there is a LOT of space between each of the bars, which looks weird because the bars end up being fairly thin - probably 1/3 as wide as the blank space between them. What I'd like to do is have roughly the same spacing as if all data points were part of one series; I'd like to remove the spacing between the series.

Thanks for your help.

Ken

3 Replies

YP Yuvaraj Palanisamy Syncfusion Team April 17, 2015 12:34 PM UTC

Hi Ken,

We would like to let you know that we can customize the spacing between two segments by using the Spacing property for bar series, we have also prepared a sample for your requirement. Please find the sample from the following location.

Sample: http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/forum/118865/SimpleSample-425753218.zip

Please let us know if you have require further assistance on this.

Thanks,
Yuvaraj P

KR Ken Ross April 17, 2015 02:26 PM UTC

Thanks for the reply and sample. Unfortunately, this example shows how to control the spacing between "bars" in the same series, but not the spacing between multiple series.

Your sample may allow me to change back to using a single series since you're showing a different color for each bar. In your sample you use a color "Palette" with a value of "Metro"; are there other palettes pre-defined? If so, is there somewhere I can look to see what colors they represent? More importantly though, how can I define a custom palette so that I can control the colors used?

Thanks again.

Ken

SB Suresh B Syncfusion Team April 18, 2015 05:21 AM UTC

Hi Ken,

Currently, predefined Metro brushes only available for different colors, also we would like to let you know that you can customize the colors using CustomBrushes property. We have prepared the sample for your reference, please find the sample from following link,

Sample: http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/directtrac/137936/SimpleSample-1785489558.zip

Please let me know if you need any further assistance.

Regards,

Suresh B

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon