We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon
Starting in 2019, the Reporting control is no longer included in Essential Studio. If you're experiencing issues with the Syncfusion Reporting Platform, Report Viewer, Report Designer, or Report Writer, we recommend migrating to Bold Reports, our dedicated reporting platform.

Bold Reports offers a comprehensive suite of tools and features for all your reporting needs, and we will help you make a smooth transition from the discontinued control. Our support team at https://support.boldreports.com/ is here to assist you with any questions or difficulties you may encounter during the migration process.

We thank you for choosing Syncfusion and appreciate your understanding.

How do I keep report headers at the top of the page?

I have a few issues regarding the headers for my reports for both on screen and print. If there are workarounds for the below issues, please let me know and I can try them out.

I tried the following, but it does not seem to be working for me:
  • Add a table to a report (in Visual Studio).
  • Right click on the header row, and select Tablix Properties...
  • Under "Row Headers" for the general tab, I select both the following:
  1. "Repeat header rows on each page"
  2. "Keep header visible while scrolling".
When there are enough items in the report so that a scroll bar appears, when I use the scroll bar, I do not see the report headers stick to the top of the report viewer control.

Also, when I export to Excel, the headers are not preserved on each page.

Also, exporting to pdf does not consider the Landscape setting when I perform Page Setup.

-Waldemar

1 Reply

SR Soundara Rajan S Syncfusion Team April 14, 2015 06:46 AM UTC

Hi Waldemar,

Thanks for using Syncfusion Products and Sorry about inconvenience caused.

I have a few issues regarding the headers for my reports for both on screen and print. If there are workarounds for the below issues, please let me know and I can try them out.
I tried the following, but it does not seem to be working for me:
Add a table to a report (in Visual Studio).
Right click on the header row, and select Tablix Properties...
Under "Row Headers" for the general tab, I select both the following:
"Repeat header rows on each page"
"Keep header visible while scrolling".
When there are enough items in the report so that a scroll bar appears, when I use the scroll bar, I do not see the report headers stick to the top of the report viewer control.
Also, when I export to Excel, the headers are not preserved on each page.
We have checked this with MS ReportViewer, we are getting same behavior in Syncfusion ReportViewer as like MS ReportViewer. So we request to you following below steps to achieving your requirement,
1) Click on the small black down arrow on the far right of the grouping pane and select the Advanced Mode property as shown by below screenshot.

2) Select the corresponding (Static) item in the row group hierarchy and set the RepeatOnNewPage to true as shown by below snap,

For your convenience, We have prepared sample based on this and it can be downloaded from below location,
http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/forum/118830/RDLDemo-1531534429.zip
Please refer below MSDN link more details on this,
https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/sqlserver/en-US/ee29da49-5c8c-47f3-a905-c730dcbe9780/tablix-headers-not-repeating-in-ssrs-2008
Also, exporting to pdf does not consider the Landscape setting when I perform Page Setup.
We are unable to reproduce this issue and we prepared video demo for page setup landscape setting is working fine in our end and it can be downloaded from below link,
http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/forum/118830/PrintLayout-290437251.zip
If you still face any issues regarding this, then could you please share much more details regarding this?. It will be helpful analyze this issue and provide the solution to earlier.

Please let us know, if you have any concerns.

Regards,
Soundara Rajan S.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon