We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Kaspersky Antivirus 2013 found malware in syncfusionessentialwinrt_11.1.0.21.exe

Today I just downloaded the latest release of WinRT, While installing my kaspersky antivirus started to alert me about found virus (attached file). Has anyone faced with this issue ?

VirusInWinRT_e778aa62.zip

7 Replies

DG David Grigoryan February 16, 2013 05:20 PM UTC

In the zip file there is screenshot not the virus itself. This stupid forum does not allow me to attach a picture not insert, so people can think I attached virus file itself.

KA Kannan Syncfusion Team February 18, 2013 05:08 PM UTC

Hi David,

Thanks for reporting this issue. 

We scan all our installs for anti-virus using the latest version of Microsoft Security Essentials and Norton and both the tools did not report any threats. However we are treating this issue very seriously and are checking with anti-virus software from Kaspersky also to ensure that this is indeed a false alert. We will provide a more detailed update regarding this before the end of the day. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks,

Kannan

SS Sivaguru S Syncfusion Team February 19, 2013 11:22 AM UTC

Hi David,

We did not communicate it clearly in the previous update but we had tested earlier using all anti-virus products by scanning the install as well as trying to install the product with anti virus protection turned on. Both Microsoft and Norton did not find any problems till the end of the installation. However Kaspersky did report a virus during install. However even Kaspersky doesnt report any problems when scanning the installation folders after installing the product. We have scanned all our files and have not found any virus in our system so we are confident that this is a false alert by Kaspersky. We have made several changes from our side to avoid this false alert but so far this effort has been unsuccessful so we have contacted Kaspersky for more information on why our software is being flagged for virus, we will update you with more information as soon as we hear back from them.

Thank you for your patience.

Regards,
Sivaguru S

RL RL March 31, 2015 09:34 PM UTC

And the conclusion was?

KS Kathiresan Subramaniam Syncfusion Team April 1, 2015 02:36 PM UTC

Hi David,

Thank you for your patience.

We have tested our latest Syncfusion Essential Studio setup v12.4.0.24 as well as v11.4.0.26 in the latest Kaspersky Antivirus(v15.0.x) installed machine in our end. But, Kaspersky did not show any malware issues and any false alerts.

So, in order to avoid the malware alert issues in your machine, please update latest Kaspersky Antivirus setup.

Please let us know if you have any queries.

Regards,
Kathiresan S.

JW Joshua Womack February 20, 2017 03:31 AM UTC

My copy of Webroot SecureAnywhere 2017 says it found a virus as well during install. Webroot reports it is a w32.Malware.Gen ... whatever that is.

MS Manivannan Sundararajan Syncfusion Team February 22, 2017 01:07 PM UTC

Hi Joshua,

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

WebRoot Secure Anywhere Anti-Virus is giving false alert regarding the Syncfusion setup. We don’t ship any malicious files in Syncfusion setup. We have checked with other antivirus(Kaspersky, Avast) installed machine and there is no issue in installing the Syncfusion setup. However, we’ll check with WebRoot Secure Anywhere Anti-Virus Forum regarding this issue and update you more details.

Regards,
Manivannan S.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon