We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

WarpText is very slow in XlsIO

Hi

i run a profiler in my report and  WarpText is very slow taking 77 percent of execution time

i attached an image

Attachment: Capture_623305b4.zip

8 Replies

JM Johnson Monohar M Syncfusion Team February 6, 2015 12:09 AM UTC

Hi Moshik,

Thank you for using Syncfusion products.

We have made a performance improvement in our latest version. We suspect your working version is older than this. It would be grateful if you could let us know the number of rows and columns you apply wrap text along with your working version. This will help us to assist you further with a prompt solution.

Please let us know if you have any queries.

Thanks,
Johnson

MS Moshik Sachar February 8, 2015 12:26 PM UTC

Hi

i am using version 11.3045.0.30

in this case
Number of rows: 666
Number of columns: 15

thank you

MS Moshik Sachar February 8, 2015 01:42 PM UTC

i tried to upgrade to 12.4400.0.24
but no change in performanse

SR Sudha Ramachandran Syncfusion Team February 10, 2015 01:52 AM UTC

Hi Moshik,

Thank you for updating us.

We were able to reproduce the problem and have logged defect report regarding this. A support incident to track the status of this defect has been created under your account. Please log on to our support website to check for further updates

https://www.syncfusion.com/account/login?ReturnUrl=%2fsupport%2fdirecttrac%2fincidents

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Sudha R

PD Paul Deffenbaugh replied to Sudha Ramachandran February 18, 2015 07:51 PM UTC

Hi Moshik,

We were able to reproduce the problem and have logged defect report regarding this. A support incident to track the status of this defect has been created under your account. Please log on to our support website to check for further updates

https://www.syncfusion.com/account/login?ReturnUrl=%2fsupport%2fdirecttrac%2fincidents

Thanks,

Sudha R

My application is using a recently supplied hotfix of Syncfusion.XlsIO.Web.dll and Syncfusion.XlsIO.Base.dll for version of 12.4400.0.24 (12.4400.0.231, reference support case 135128), in which we have identified the same performance issue IStyle.WrapText is set to TRUE.  What can I do to make sure I am supplied with the same fix that is referenced in the reply from Sudha Ramachandran on February 9?

SR Sudha Ramachandran Syncfusion Team February 19, 2015 04:54 PM UTC

Hi Paul,

We could confirm your working version. We tried the scenario ‘IStyle.Wraptext’ with 1900 styles in workbook but could not face performance hit. It would be helpful for us to investigate further on this and provide you a prompt solution, if you could share us the below details:

1.        Input template used.

2.       The code snippets of the excel creation part including the styles applied and invoking wrap text property.

If you could update on the details for the above queries, it will be helpful for us to investigate further on this and provide a prompt solution at the earliest. You can also create a direct-Trac incident for the same and share the requested details in that incident.

Direc-Trac Link: https://www.syncfusion.com/account/login?ReturnUrl=%2fsupport%2fdirecttrac%2fincidents

Please let us know if you need any clarification.

Regards,

Sudha R

MS Moshik Sachar May 3, 2015 09:23 AM UTC

i attached a project test that shows that WrapText takes most of the time of creating a excel

Attachment: ExcelTest_4989cd0f.zip

VS Vikas Sekar Syncfusion Team May 4, 2015 12:49 PM UTC

Hi Moshik,

We are able to reproduce the issue with the sample you have shared us and have logged defect report for the same. A support incident to track the status of this defect has been created under your account. Please log on to our support website to check for further updates.

Thanks,

Vikas

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon