We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Bootstrap Usage

Hi,

First off, thank you very much for providing us with your recently announced Essential Studio Enterprise Edition Community Suite! Now, I have an MVC 4 application I'm about to work on and I want to use the community edition controls within it. My normal workflow is to start with an empty MVC project and add to it only what I need. My question is what must I include to use your controls with my application and Bootstrap 3? I prefer to use Bootstrap instead of the themes included with community edition.

Thanks.

3 Replies

HP Harikrishnan P Syncfusion Team February 2, 2015 12:11 PM UTC

Hi Lance,

Thanks for using Syncfusion products.

Query: My question is what must I include to use your controls with my application and Bootstrap 3?

Please refer the following link, to use our MVC components

http://help.syncfusion.com/ug/js/default.htm#!documents/createmanually.htm

In the above link, we have given step by step instruction for using our MVC components in a new MVC project.

Also, for your convenience we have attached a sample in the following location in which we have showcased our DatePicker and accordion controls.

Sample Location:  EJMVC controls in MVC sample

Also in the following location we have provided the getting started documentation for each controls. You can refer the “concepts and features” section to know more about the options available in each components.

http://help.syncfusion.com/web

Query: I prefer to use Bootstrap instead of the themes included with community edition.

We would like to inform you that, currently we have provided only Bootstrap color support for our components. i.e., our components color will match bootstrap color, when placed in a Bootstrap application. Our components will not act accordingly to the bootstrap classes. This bootstrap dimension support is in our features list. 

To make use of the bootstrap color support, we need to refer the “ej.widget.all.min.css” file present inside the “bootstrap-theme” folder. This folder can be accessed from the following location.

<Installed Location>\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\Installed version\JavaScript\assets\css\web\bootstrap-theme

We have also showcased this in the above provided sample.

Please get back to us if you need further assistance.

Regards,

HariKrishnan

LS Lance Spence February 2, 2015 12:33 PM UTC

Thank you very much!

HP Harikrishnan P Syncfusion Team February 3, 2015 03:46 AM UTC

Hi Lance,

Thanks for your update. Please get back to us if you would require any further assistance.

Regards,
HariKrishnan

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon