We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

OLAP Reports: Default measures fields disappear when trying to add a new measures field

Hi Team,

I am using the OLAP Report in which facing the below issue.

When adding measures fields to the Category or Series columns, some of existing default measures fields disappear and it the measures field that was dragged and dropped into the column isn't added and doesn't display into the element editor window.

Please find attached .zip file that might help you to reproduce issue at your end. All the scenario have explained in attached file.

Could you please have a look into the issue ASAP. Hoping a gentle reply from your side.

Thanks
Shreekant Jadon

Attachment: Field_Disappear_Scenario_77c0fa9d.zip

9 Replies

PS Prabu S Syncfusion Team February 2, 2015 10:51 AM UTC

Hi Shreekant,

Thanks for providing documentation.

We couldn’t able to reproduce the reported problem and we would very much appreciate you if you provide a sample along with a dummy cube with garbage values reproducing the reported problem this will help us investigate further.

Please let us know if you have any other concerns.

Regards,

Prabu S.

SJ Shreekant Jadon February 5, 2015 12:47 PM UTC

Hi Prabu,

Thanks for your reply

Sorry! I am not able to create the cube. I will explain you the issue again. Suppose there are three Measure fields in the Series column and we want to add one more field so we drag it and drop into the series column. Now This Recently dragged field should be added to the Column along with the rest of three fields but it not happening. When we are dropping the any new fields some of the existing fields disappeared from the column automatically and the field that we are dragging is not adding into the column.  

The same I explained in the attached document along with the screenshots. I am sure that you gone through the document to reproduce the issue but I hope if you go through the document  again it might help to  reproduce the issue.

Simply I want to know, Is there any event that trigger when we add or remove the measure fields? How we manage the measure fields?

Hoping a gentle reply from you.

Thanks
Shreekant

AD Alagarsamy D Syncfusion Team February 6, 2015 01:35 PM UTC

Hi Shreekant,

Thanks for the update.

Still we couldn’t able to reproduce the reported problem at our end. We kindly recommended you to use our “Adventure works” cube and check the reported problem. If the problem still exists,  please provide us the detailed replication procedure. Please find the offline cube in the below link.

Offline Cube Link:

C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Syncfusion\EssentialStudio\EssentialStudioVersion\Common\Data\OfflineCube\ASP

Please let us know if you have any concerns.

Thanks,

Alagarsamy D.

SJ Shreekant Jadon February 23, 2015 02:23 PM UTC

Hi Alagarsamy,

Thanks for the update and extremely sorry for the delay.

I checked the my system but I didn't find the offline cube so still wondering to solution.
I have a question. In an OLAP report  in One Axis field (Categorical) can we add any kind of fields like multiple Dimension's, Measure fields ?

When I am using report with all the fields at Categorical section then it is showing an Exception "ArgumentOutOfRange:InvalidArgument" and when am trying to export the data it showing exception IndexOutOfRangeException.
 If am limiting the amount of data or selecting the few data then it is working fine.

Could you please clarify it, what do I need to do to fix this issue?

Thanks
Shreekant

AD Alagarsamy D Syncfusion Team February 24, 2015 12:26 PM UTC

Hi Shreekant,

Thanks for the update.

We couldn’t able to reproduce the reported problem at our end. We kindly recommended you to use our online cube and check the reported problem. If the problem still exists, please provide us a OLAP report with detailed replication procedure. Please find the online cube connection string below.

Online cube connection string:

Data Source=http://bi.syncfusion.com/olap/msmdpump.dll; Initial Catalog=Adventure Works DW 2008 SE;

Thanks,

Alagarsamy D.

SJ Shreekant Jadon February 25, 2015 01:23 PM UTC

Hi Alagarsamy\SF Team,

Thanks for the update.

Now I am using online cube provided by you so could you please provide me the MDX Query that you used in Olap Client sample Demo.

I created a new report and checking with your cube and when I am executing the report it showing DataProviderException was unhandled and more detail is "{"Unable to open the connection"}".

This all happening when we are binding the data " this.OlapClient1.DataBind();"
What did you declaire in DataBind() function definition?

How did you handled all the connection related code?Could you please let me know?

Could you please reply ASAP.

Thanks
Shreekant

AD Alagarsamy D Syncfusion Team February 26, 2015 01:12 PM UTC

Hi Shreekant,

Thanks for the update.

Query

Answer

Could you please provide me the MDX Query that you used in Olap Client sample Demo.

Please find the below screenshot. This screenshot will explain you how to get the MDX Query from sample.

Screenshot:

I created a new report and checking with your cube and when I am executing the report it showing DataProviderException was unhandled and more detail is "{"Unable to open the connection"}".

We have created a simple sample in the below link. We would very much appreciate if you could reproduce the reported problem in the attached sample and send back to us with detailed replication procedure.

Sample Link:

http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/directtrac/118084/SampleOlapClient1797025234-148083020.zip

Thanks,

Alagarsamy D.

SJ Shreekant Jadon March 4, 2015 12:52 PM UTC

Hi Alagarsamy,

Thanks for update,

I did check the code of the report in the link and I am also using the same code and facing the above issue.
Whenever I am executing the code it saying "Unable to open the connection".

Simply we are defining the Olap Control and Defining the Dimension but in the report you sent as attachment there is no MDX Query and no other connection configuration.

Could you please check your Sample report how the connection made there coz it's working fine? I did check online in below link "http://bi.syncfusion.com/demos/aspnet/OLAPClient/Getting%20Started/OlapClient%20Demo/CS/OlapClientDemo.aspx"

Hoping a gentle reply. 

Thanks you very much
Shreekant

Attachment: SampleOlapClient1797025234148083020_(1)_f58ffa05.zip

AD Alagarsamy D Syncfusion Team March 5, 2015 04:55 PM UTC

Hi Shreekant,

Thanks for the update.

We would very much appreciate if you could provide us the version details of Microsoft.AnalysisService.AdomdClient.dll in GAC. This will help us to proceed further. Please find the location of the dll below.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft.NET\ADOMD.NET\

Thanks,

Alagarsamy D.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon