We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

User margin in EditControl

Is it posible to scroll text in the user margin of a EditControl?

I'm using version 12.1.0.43

3 Replies

ST Saravanan T Syncfusion Team January 23, 2015 12:39 PM UTC

Hi Blanca,

Thank you for using Syncfusion products.

No, In EditControl UserMargin is used to visualize additional information regarding the contents and this information can be displayed on line by line basis. So scrolling function can only be performed for entire EditControl, not just UserMargin region.

Can you please refer below documentation link for further reference?

UG Link: http://help.syncfusion.com/ug/windows%20forms/default.htm#!documents/usermargin.htm

Please let us know if you need any further assistance or if we have misunderstood your query.

Regards,

Saravanan T

BC Blanca Calderon January 28, 2015 09:14 AM UTC

In my project I use an EditControl to edit a programs for a PLC .

I use UserMargin to show the actual values of variables taken from the PLC. (You can see an example in the attached file)

Sometimes there are so much variables in a line, or the variables names are so long, that every values are not shown in UserMargin. I'd like to have a mechanism to show all of them. If window scroll could apply to UserMargin it would be OK. Perhaps I must implement that scroll, or think another way to show the variables.

Thank you anyway for your answer

Attachment: MonitorWindow_260ec8b5.zip

AJ Ashwini Jaya Preetha Durai Samy Syncfusion Team January 29, 2015 01:58 PM UTC

Hi Blanca,

Thank you for the update,

Yes, it is needed to proceed with alternate suggestion. Because as we have mentioned explained in our last update, User margin region has been rendered over Edit Control, as like its contents in user defined position. So scrolling functionality cannot be provided just for User Margin but to entire EditControl region.

Please let us know if you need further assistance,

Regards,

Ashwini

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon