We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Namespace and References

I am confused by what namespace and references I need to use for the PDF Viewer.  Right now I have a single reference to "Syncfusion 8.0 Controls for WinRT Xaml".  This seems pretty comprehensive and seems to allow for creating PDF documents.  However, the namespace referenced in the docs "Syncfusion.Windows.PdfViewer" does not exist.  I found a " Syncfusion.SfPdfViewer.WinRt.DLL" in C:\Program Files (x86)\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\12.1.0.43\Assemblies for WinRT\8.1, but there is no equivalent file in the 8.0 directory.  Does that mean only 8.1 users can use the PDF viewer?

thanks.

1 Reply

PR Parthipan R Syncfusion Team December 31, 2014 10:32 AM UTC

Hi Michael,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion Products.

We do support PdfViewer WinRT control in Windows 8. Please find the location of the assemblies to be included to use PDF Viewer in Windows 8 Operating system.

Build Cofiguration

Assembly

Path

x86

Syncfusion.DirectXWrapper.WinRT

%SystemDrive% \Program Files (x86)\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\$EssentialStudioVersion$\precompiledassemblies\$EssentialStudioVersion$\DirectX\8.0\x86\Syncfusion.DirectXWrapper.WinRT.winmd

Syncfusion.SfPdfViewer.WinRT

%SystemDrive% \Program Files (x86)\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\$EssentialStudioVersion$\precompiledassemblies\$EssentialStudioVersion$\DirectX\8.0\x86\Syncfusion.SfPdfViewer.WinRT.dll

x64

%SystemDrive% \Program Files (x86)\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\$EssentialStudioVersion$\precompiledassemblies\$EssentialStudioVersion$\DirectX\8.0\x64\Syncfusion.DirectXWrapper.WinRT.winmd

%SystemDrive% \Program Files (x86)\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\$EssentialStudioVersion$\precompiledassemblies\$EssentialStudioVersion$\DirectX\8.0\x64\Syncfusion.SfPdfViewer.WinRT.dll

ARM

%SystemDrive% \Program Files (x86)\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\$EssentialStudioVersion$\precompiledassemblies\$EssentialStudioVersion$\DirectX\8.0\ARM\Syncfusion.DirectXWrapper.WinRT.winmd

%SystemDrive% \Program Files (x86)\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\$EssentialStudioVersion$\precompiledassemblies\$EssentialStudioVersion$\DirectX\8.0\ARM\Syncfusion.SfPdfViewer.WinRT.dll

E.g.: C:\Program Files (x86)\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\12.1.0.43\precompiledassemblies\12.1.0.43\DirectX\8.0\x64\ Syncfusion.SfPdfViewer.WinRT.dll

Namespace: Syncfusion.Windows.PdfViewer

Assembly: Syncfusion.SfPdfViewer.WinRT

Dependent: Syncfusion.Pdf.WinRT, Syncfusion.DirectXWrapper.WinRT

Please refer to the below UG documentation link for further details

http://help.syncfusion.com/UG/winrt/default.htm#!documents/addingpdfviewertoana.htm

Please, let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thanks,

Parthipan R.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon