We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Tooltip Clipping to Chart Bounds

Is it possible to prevent the tooltip from being clipped to the chart bounds?

3 Replies

JA Jayavigneshwaran Syncfusion Team replied to Josh Bowen December 16, 2014 11:00 AM UTC

Is it possible to prevent the tooltip from being clipped to the chart bounds?

Hi Josh,

Thanks for using Syncfusion product.

We have analyzed this.

Since the chart tooltip will not exceed the chart area bounds, so clipping the tooltip is not applicable.

If the tooltip goes outside the chart area bounds, it is shifted and placed inside the chart area bounds.

Kindly find the below screen shot.

We have also made a sample to illustrate this.

Link : http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/directtrac/131552/line-1351354966.zip

If you are still facing any queries in this, kindly revert us back by modifying the sample and share the scenario as like in your application.

This will be easy for us to serve you.

Please let us know if you have any concern.

Thanks,

Jayavigneshwaran

JB Josh Bowen December 16, 2014 04:13 PM UTC

From your language I am not sure exactly what you are trying to convey.  The screen clipping and example are also not accessible in your reply. 

Please see the attached screen capture to illustrate what I am referring to.  You can clearly see that the tooltip is clipped to the bounds of the chart container.  Is there any way to prevent the tooltip from being clipped to the bounds of the chart container? 

Attachment: Clipping_3e0072f3.zip

JA Jayavigneshwaran Syncfusion Team replied to Josh Bowen December 17, 2014 11:30 AM UTC

From your language I am not sure exactly what you are trying to convey.  The screen clipping and example are also not accessible in your reply. 

Please see the attached screen capture to illustrate what I am referring to.  You can clearly see that the tooltip is clipped to the bounds of the chart container.  Is there any way to prevent the tooltip from being clipped to the bounds of the chart container? 

Attachment: Clipping_3e0072f3.zip

Hi Josh,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

We have analyzed this and replicated the scenario explained, in our sample.

We are able to reproduce the issue “tooltip is clipped when it exceeds outside the chart container if it is pie chart”.

Currently there is no work around to prevent this. So we have logged an issue report for this.

This fix will be included in our Essential studio 2014 Vol4, service pack1 which is to be expect to out on middle of January, 2015.

Please let us know if you have any concern.

Thanks,

Jayavigneshwaran

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon