We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Exception Argument.OutOfRange Performance Issue

Hello everyone,
I have an exception while importing Formula from Excel sheet , Exception occurred while calculating value based on formula.
I have one more Exception System.InvalidCastException while calculating Percentage based on Percentage columns

Thanks in advance.

6 Replies

DB Dilli Babu Nandha Gopal Syncfusion Team November 12, 2014 09:56 AM UTC

Hi Gurpreet,

Thank you for using Syncfusion Products.

We have tired in different scenarios to reproduce the issue with the given information and we are unable to reproduce the reported issue. To investigate further on this, we kindly request you to provide us the issue reproducing sample or the excel file with the mentioned formula that is causing the issue. This will help us to assist you with a prompt solution.

Please let us know if you have any concerns.

Regards,

Dilli babu.

GS Gurpreet Singh November 12, 2014 07:48 PM UTC

Hello,
I have attached the sample excel file sheet.
I have an error with formula & formula percentage
Error:
Formula : Argument.outofrange exception in syncfusion.xlsio.dll
Formula Percentage : Invalid Cast Exception
Moreover I have used the money type for the values of Id column in database,, I think money type is not an exception

Attachment: sample_421bdcbb.zip

SR Sudha Ramachandran Syncfusion Team November 13, 2014 09:30 AM UTC

Hi Gurpreet,

Thank you for updating us.

We have tried importing the provided file to grid and various other scenarios to reproduce the issue with the given file and we are unable to reproduce the reported issue. We have also shared the samples which we tried in the below links for your reference. It would be grateful for us to investigate further on this, if you could modify the provided samples to reproduce the issue and share us.

Also please provide us the below details:

1.     1. Is the data from the given file is imported to Grid?

2.     2. Your system culture settings

3.     3.  Your working version of XlsIO

Sample Link (Grid): https://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/directtrac/general/CS-174090937.zip

Sample Link (XlsIO): https://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/directtrac/general/PercentageException1017124222.zip

Kindly update us with the requested details and let us know if you have any queries.

Regards,

Sudha Ramachandran

GS Gurpreet Singh November 27, 2014 03:14 PM UTC

Hello,
Thanks for consideration
I have checked your file,, these are working fine, I want t make it clear
I have a problem at run time calculating value based on formula and display only value in Excel sheet not the formula.
I have used the in built method EnableSheetCalculations for calculating value in the engine based on formula.
When I transfer the CalculatedValue I got some of exceptions listed below:
Argument.OutOfRange Exception
InvalidCast Exception
NullReference Exception
All Exception comes in Syncfusion.dll Package

GS Gurpreet Singh November 27, 2014 04:17 PM UTC

Hello,

One more thing if i calculate the formula based on the same Row on which row formula exist It's working fine,,
But when we calculate based on same Column on which the formula exists it creates exception
Moreover if we calculate based on different column & row It also creates exception.

I am screwed up ,,, any help???
Thanks
Gurpreet

JM Johnson Monohar M Syncfusion Team December 1, 2014 02:07 AM UTC

Hi Gurpreet Singh,

Thank you for updating us but we are still not clear with your scenario to reproduce the issue. Please let us know in detail for the below queries along with your culture settings to assist you with a prompt solution.

1. Are you exporting to a data table and importing to another sheet?

2. Are you trying to export from a grid to excel?

3. Are you trying to export from spreadsheet control to excel?

4. What is the formula that is causing this exception?

5. What is the platform you use?

If you are able to modify the sample we have provided to reproduce the issue, kindly share it to us to investigate further on this.

Regards,
Johnson

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon