We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Save PDF page as image

Is it possible to create an image from a PDF page? Either with the PDF library or SfPdfViewer?

4 Replies

SM Suresh M Syncfusion Team November 12, 2014 11:19 AM UTC

Hi Tim,

Thank you for using Syncfusion products.

At present we do support exporting pages of PDF document as Image. Please find the sample available in the link below which will illustrate the same. We could see that the GetPages method does not work when PDF Viewer control is not in the Visual Tree. We have logged an issue report to fix this. Please follow up the fix for this issue in the incident mentioned below.

Incident: http://www.syncfusion.com/support/directtrac/incidents/131918

Sample link: http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/directtrac/131918/PDFViewerWintRT_2013719707331.zip

Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

Regards,

Suresh

AK Alex Knijf November 27, 2014 03:52 PM UTC

Hi i 'm also wondering when is the pdfviewer is able to use GetPages() because when using pdfviewer.loaded event the GetPages() method is still returning 0 images. I need to show with a flipview instead of the continuous scrolling provided by the pdf control. I works when i load the pdfcontrol normally and manually by button change to flipview but that is not the way i would need it. I read the post about getpages only works when shown in the visual tree so when using the loaded event i hoped it worked.

Thank you very much in advance.

Regards,
Alex Knijf

SM Suresh M Syncfusion Team replied to Alex Knijf December 1, 2014 10:27 AM UTC

Hi i 'm also wondering when is the pdfviewer is able to use GetPages() because when using pdfviewer.loaded event the GetPages() method is still returning 0 images. I need to show with a flipview instead of the continuous scrolling provided by the pdf control. I works when i load the pdfcontrol normally and manually by button change to flipview but that is not the way i would need it. I read the post about getpages only works when shown in the visual tree so when using the loaded event i hoped it worked.

Thank you very much in advance.

Regards,
Alex Knijf

Hi Alex,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

We have resolved the issue in using the GetPages method when the PdfViewer control is not in the Visual Tree. The fix for this issue will be available in our upcoming Volume 4 2014 release. Which is expected to be available in the middle of the month December 2014.

Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

Regards,

Suresh

AK Alex Knijf December 2, 2014 11:52 AM UTC

Thanks for the update Suresh

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon