We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

VerticalLineAnnotation and HorizontalLineAnnotation on Pie/Doughnut Chart

I have a control for the user to plot different types of chart and add annotation to the chart. The control allows the user to change plot types, while retaining the same data.

My question is, does pie chart (or doughnut chart) allow VerticalLineAnnotation and HorizontalLineAnnotation to be added. Based on my current understanding, both of the annotations are on the Primary and Secondary axes, which the pie chart does not have.

In my case, the annotations still appear on the chart, but they are restricted to certain boundaries. Refer to attached screenshot.

Attachment: pieannotation_fbeb34e6.zip

4 Replies

CY Chong Yee Mei October 27, 2014 07:36 AM UTC

Apparently the axes are not being reinitialized/reset when changing the chart type from column/line chart to pie/doughnut chart.

SJ Sumathi Jayaraj Syncfusion Team October 28, 2014 01:13 PM UTC

Hi Chong,

Thanks for using Syncfusion products.

Query 1: does pie chart (or doughnut chart) allow VerticalLineAnnotation and HorizontalLineAnnotation to be added.

We have analyzed your requirements and we can able to add annotation to the pie/ doughnut series by setting CoordinateUnit as pixel. It having boundaries only if we set the coordinate pixel as axis. We have prepared a sample based on your requirements. Please find the sample in the attachment.

Query 2: the axes are not being reinitialized/reset

We are not able to reproduce the reported issue. Please find the sample in the attachment for your reference.

Please let us know if you have any queries.

Regards,

Sumathi J

Attachment: AnnotationPie_9b85c8df.zip

CY Chong Yee Mei October 29, 2014 05:18 AM UTC

Hi

Thanks a lot for the sample. It helps a lot with understanding how annotation works. Just a feedback, maybe you guys should consider adding the sample into the documentation, as the documentation wasn't very clear/detailed.

As for query 2, the issue was caused by column chart using Axis and pie chart not set to use Pixel afterwards. After adding a conditional check for detecting the chart type (and use Axis/Pixel accordingly), it is working fine.

Thanks.

RA Rajkumar Syncfusion Team November 1, 2014 06:23 AM UTC

Hi Chong,

Thank you for your update and suggestion. We will include more details regarding the annotation our upcoming volume releases.

Please let us know, if you need any further assistance.

Thanks,
Rajkumar BR

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon