We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

What is "preview' mode?

Schedule control on this demo on your site http://mvc.syncfusion.com/demos/web is marked as "Preview". What is the meaning of that? We are evaluating this control for production usage, and so far we have run into lack of documentation, issue with IE 11, alignment of the control in some cases, some issues with drag and drop not sending proper information to controller, etc.

Is this control ready for production?

Thanks,

PV

6 Replies

VS Velmurugan S Syncfusion Team October 15, 2014 03:34 PM UTC

Hi Petar,

Thanks for using Syncfusion products.

Please find the following responses for your queries:

Query #1: Schedule control on this demo on your site http://mvc.syncfusion.com/demos/web is marked as "Preview". What is the meaning of that? 

We would like to inform you that, we have implemented and included the “Schedule control in MVC platform only with vertical orientation and its features” in our last release volume (12.2.0.26), so we have marked the schedule control with “Preview” tag in our online demo website. Now, we are implemented the “Horizontal orientation and its features” and also important features and it will be available as a licensed product from our upcoming release volume 3,2014 roll on this month (October) with removed “Preview” tag from the online website.

Query #2: We are evaluating this control for production usage, and so far we have run into lack of documentation, issue with IE 11, alignment of the control in some cases, some issues with drag and drop not sending proper information to controller, etc.

Is this control ready for production?

Yes, our MVC schedule control is ready for the production.

Could you please share the details about the issues that you are facing while using the schedule control, based on the provided information we can analyse the issue and provide you the better solutions for that.

Please let us know if it helps and any further assistance on this.

Regards,

Velmurugan

PV PV October 15, 2014 05:22 PM UTC

Thanks for your quick response.

In regards to the issue, you can take a look at CRUD schedule sample you have provided recently for the download. If you put a breakpoint on the controller side and monitor section of the code called when you modify appointment in the browser, you will notice that very often controller gets the wrong appointment ID and, as a result, data is not properly updated in the database. It happens sporadically, but almost always if you change the length of the appointment by dragging one side - controller get the wrong appointment ID, can not find it in the DB and can not update the DB. I have tried different parameters in view (allow drag and drop, allow resize, etc..) and always the same result.

The other issue is related to browser. Chrome works, When I run the same CRUD schedule sample in IE 11 on Win 8.1 pro I receive exception I have sent you before. When I run it in Firefox, schedule does not show at all on the page.

What is encouraging is how quickly you provide your answers. What is discouraging is the lack of detailed documentation and having to fish for clues.

PV

VS Velmurugan S Syncfusion Team October 16, 2014 01:56 PM UTC

Hi Petar,

Thanks for your update.

Please find the responses for your queries:

Query #1: CRUD Sample – requirement about the ID:

We would like to inform you that, when we edit the normal appointment means the id (given in the database) will can get in the controller while doing the CRUD operations and also details will in the database. And when we edit or resize the recurrence appointment means it will go to the controller page and there you will see only the “dynamic id” created for our internal process, and we will keep the id (given in the database) and consider as a parent ID internally for the recurrence appointments and perform the CRUD operations. And also while perform the operations resize or drag and drop to the recurrence appointment means it will add the new appointment in the database.

Query #2: The other issue is related to browser. Chrome works, When I run the same CRUD schedule sample in IE 11 on Win 8.1 pro I receive exception I have sent you before. When I run it in Firefox, schedule does not show at all on the page

We are unable to reproduce the reported issue in our end and this issue may raise when we set the “CurrentDate” wrongly. Therefore, we suggest you to check the format of the “CurrentDate” settings. If you still face the same issue means, kindly revert back to us with some more information such as video demo contains the reproducing steps or culture information that you are using. Hence it will be more helpful for us to figure out the issue and provide you the better solution.

Please let us know if any other concerns on this.

Regards,

Velmurugan

PV PV October 16, 2014 09:14 PM UTC

OK, here is more details about Query #1. This is how to reproduce it:

1) start the CRUD Sample application you provided
2) click on Monday the second and in "small" dialog enter "test 123"
3) as a result, new appointment will be created (you can refresh the page to confirm that it is in the db)
4) now, drag the bottom of the "test 123" appointment to make that appointment longer. Once done dragging, just release the mouse
5) what you just did in #4 was not saved to DB (controller did not find the ID, if you want to debug this)
6) if you need the proof that this did not go to DB, and it should have, just refresh the page and you will see that original test 123 is there, instead the longer one.

I hope you will be able to reproduce this and to provide a workaround.

Thanks,

PV

PV PV October 16, 2014 09:25 PM UTC

Here is the link you provided and that I am referring in my steps.

UM Uma Maheswari C Syncfusion Team October 20, 2014 04:25 PM UTC

Hi Petar,

Thanks for your update.

We regret for the inconvenience caused as we are able to reproduce the above mentioned issue in the provided sample. But we would like to let you know that this issue has already been fixed internally and will be included in the upcoming main release Volume-3, 2014 which will be rolled out in the end of this month, October 2014. We appreciate your valuable patience until then.

Please let us know, if you need any other further assistance on this.

Regards,

C. Uma Maheswari

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon