We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

MessageBoxAdv crashed on Japanese windows

Hi Syncfusion,

I'm using 6.303.1.8 

My application crashed when popup messagebox by MessageBoxAdv in some of Japanese windows 7. I replaced all MessageBoxAdv by normal MessageBox, it works. I don't konw why this could happen, because of only some of Japanese PC has the problem and some of them works well with MessageBoxAdv.

one of my guess is about font.

Did you get these kind of report before? If not can you tell me what font of MessageBoxAdv using?

Regards,
Arden

4 Replies

ST Saravanan T Syncfusion Team September 3, 2014 08:43 AM UTC

Hi Arden,

Thank you for using Syncfusion products,

We regret to let you know that we could not able to reproduce the reported issue from our end. Please provide some additional details like sample and steps to reproduce the issue. Also provide us the system configuration, it will be helpful for us to analyze and provide prompt solution as earlier as possible.

We also like to let you know that there is no option for customizing the font in MessageBoxAdv but the font used in MessageBoxAdv is “Microsoft Sans Serif”. We have also prepared a sample for your reference to reproduce the issue and it is available in the attachment.

Please let us know if you need any further assistance,

Regards,

Saravanan T

Attachment: MessageBoxAdv_cf352fbe.zip

AZ arden zhao September 4, 2014 02:12 AM UTC

Hi Saravanan,

Thanks for the info. Looks like "MS Sans Serif" is shipped with Windows 7 by default, and can't delete. so maybe it is not a font issue. anyway I'll confirm that for Japanese Windows we have that.

I can't compile your attached sample project with following error:

MessageBoxAdv_cf352fbe\MessageBoxAdv\MainForm.cs(20,37): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'MetroForm' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Actually I don't have any further detailed information. some of Japan Win 7 has that problem but some not. I can't connect to these PC to check the difference.
It is accaptable that I replace them with normal MessageBox, so thanks for your support. I'll get you know if i find any update.

Regards,
Arden

AZ arden zhao September 4, 2014 03:16 AM UTC

Hi Saravanan,

Another thing I noticed is, I have set :

MessageBoxAdv.Office2007Theme = Office2007Theme.Silver;

is this make trouble?

ST Saravanan T Syncfusion Team September 4, 2014 12:51 PM UTC

Hi Arden,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused,

We have the modified sample in which you can reproduce the issue and it is available in the attachment. Please provide some additional details (system configuration) regarding your requirement.

Also, please provide us the call stack for the reported issue. That will be helpful for us to analyze and provide a prompt solution as earlier as possible.

Please let us know if you need any further assistance,

Regards,

Saravanan T

Attachment: MessageBoxAdv_8b7d79e5.zip

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon