We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

A few questions about ejDiagram

I have been trying to create a simple diagram using the ejDiagram control. The user must be able to select single nodes in the control but not be able to edit the diagram in any way - so the only interaction the user has is to select individual nodes. I have almost managed to achieve this but have a few questions to finish off. 

1) I have disabled all of the node constraints apart from select which works fine clicking on each node individually but I can still select multiple nodes using the rubber band selection or Ctrl + A and then move, resize and rotate them. Is there any way to disable rubber band selection and select all?

2) If I select a node and press the arrow keys the nudge command is fired and it moves. Is there a way to disable this?

3) When I click on the nodes the rotation symbol is greyed out but is still visible. It would look better if it wasn't displayed at all. Is it possible to hide this?

Thanks

3 Replies

SG Shyam G Syncfusion Team July 30, 2014 09:26 AM UTC

Hi Ed Wooldridge, 

Thanks for using Syncfusion products. 

Query

Response

1) I have disabled all of the node constraints apart from select which works fine clicking on each node individually but I can still select multiple nodes using the rubber band selection or Ctrl + A and then move, resize and rotate them. Is there any way to disable rubber band selection and select all?

2) If I select a node and press the arrow keys the nudge command is fired and it moves. Is there a way to disable this?

Currently we don’t have option to disable rubber band selection and nudge command. We consider this as a feature request and created a new incident 127962 on behalf of you related to this forum. We suggest you to follow up the incident for further reference using your direct trac account.

3) When I click on the nodes the rotation symbol is greyed out but is still visible. It would look better if it wasn't displayed at all. Is it possible to hide this?

We have created a sample in which rotation symbol is hidden using  diagram._setSelectorConstraints API.

Please let me know if any concerns.

Regards,

Shyam G

Attachment: WebApplication9johnrobert_(4)_abb88ccc.zip

EW Ed Wooldridge July 30, 2014 10:22 AM UTC

Hi Shyam G,

Thanks for your help

SK Senthil Kumar M Syncfusion Team July 31, 2014 05:41 AM UTC

Hi Ed Wooldridge,

Thanks for the update.

Please let us know if you need any further assistance on this, we are happy to assist you.

Regards,

Senthilkumar M

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon