We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Find/Replace Text in a Pdf

I'm working on a project to find and replace text in an existing PDF. 

In the API, I see  a method on PdfPageBase to ExtractText(), but I don't see a way to update text. Is there a way to iterate through the PDF objects, find text, and change it? (or another way to do find/replace?)

Thanks!

5 Replies

PH Praveenkumar H Syncfusion Team July 14, 2014 03:51 AM UTC

Hi Chris,

Thank you for using syncfusion products,

Currently we don't have the support to edit existing Pdf  document, we have already added the feature request for "Need to add support to edit the existing document text" to our database.

We will implement this feature in any of our upcoming releases. We usually have an interval of at least three months between releases. The feature implementation would also greatly depend on the factors such as product design, code compatibility and complexity. We will update you when this feature has been implemented.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

With Regards,

Praveen

VD Varun Doiphode March 3, 2015 11:09 PM UTC

Is there any update on this feature. 

PH Praveenkumar H Syncfusion Team March 5, 2015 04:01 AM UTC

Hi Varun,

Thank you for your interest in syncfusion products,

Currently we are working in other high priority features so we don’t have any immediate plan to implement the feature “Need to add support to edit the existing document text”, we will let you know once feature has been implemented.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

With Regards,

Praveen

CH Chris July 1, 2016 07:35 AM UTC

Is this still in development? Can't find any examples anywhere.

PH Praveenkumar H Syncfusion Team July 4, 2016 12:01 PM UTC

Hi Varun, 

Thank you for your interest in syncfusion products, 

Currently we don’t have any immediate plan to implement the feature “Need to add support to edit the existing document text”, We usually have an interval of at least three months between releases. The feature implementation would also greatly depend on the factors such as product design, code compatibility and complexity. We will update you when this feature has been implemented.  

Please let me know if you need further assistance. 

With Regards, 
Praveen 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon