We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

MailMerge: support for embedded fonts

Hi,

We're trying to use embedded fonts in our merge templates but are finding that other (default) fonts get substituted in the merge doc output. We've verified that the template displays the embedded font correctly on a machine where the font isn't installed. We've also tried installing the font and using the template without embedded fonts. The result was similar; a default font was substituted (although it was a serif font).

Does Doc.IO support embedded fonts?

Thank you
David

3 Replies

SK Sathish K Syncfusion Team May 30, 2014 12:10 PM UTC

Hi David,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

Currently DocIO doesn’t have support to preserve embedded fonts. We have logged this as a feature request in our database. We will implement this feature in any of our upcoming releases. We usually have an interval of at least three months between releases. The feature implementation would also greatly depend on the factors such as product design, code compatibility and complexity. We will update you when this feature has been implemented. You can also track the status of this Feature through our Features Management System:

http://www.syncfusion.com/support/directtrac/features/WF-5861

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Regards,

Sathish

IH IT Helpdesk June 2, 2014 01:26 AM UTC

Thank you Sathish. I have two more questions:
  1. If I have a non-standard font used in my merge template, and I have the font installed on the machine, should the merge document use the correct font?
  2. Otherwise, what are the "standard" fonts that I can use in my template documents?
Great product by the way; DocIO has made it very easy to create a web-based price ticket printing system that is used by over 90 stores.

Thank you
David

SV Sivasubramani V Syncfusion Team June 3, 2014 03:31 PM UTC

Hi David,

Thank you for your update. 

Yes, the same input template document’s font persist in the generated output document when the corresponding font installed on that machine. 

No need to specify any standard font in the input template document. 

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Regards,

Sivasubramani

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon