We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Windows Store App (Windows 8)

When loading a document, all I am getting is blank pages.  I've taken the code provided in the samples for loading a document with the SfPdfViewer (as I have proven to myself that the samples provided do in fact work, even with the file in question).  However, I cannot get the document to render anything but blank pages.

If I use a different file (smaller), things seem to work fine.  The document in question is around 54Mb in size, and contains approximately 730 pages.  Again, this document loads fine in the samples provided (built against 8.1), but only renders blank pages.  If I target a much smaller file, say one that is only a few Kb in size, with 2 pages, everything works.  Even targeting a file that is approximately 73Mb in size, but only containing 330 or so pages, I do get the pages to render.

This leads me to believe that the more pages that exist, the longer (perhaps I'm not waiting long enough?) it takes to render the first page?  I cannot imagine this is the case, as the samples take almost no time to display the same PDF.

I also am periodically getting an exception relating to crossTable parameter being null?  There is no additional information associated with this error however, so I do not understand what is causing it.

Any assistance would be helpful!

Thank you,

Derek

1 Reply

SM Suresh M Syncfusion Team April 29, 2014 04:46 AM UTC

Hi Derek,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

We are not able to reproduce the issue “PDF documents containing large pages are not displayed in the Viewer” and “Exception thrown when displaying the PDF document”. We tried with the sample available in the link below which displays a PDF document with 1236 pages. Can you please provide us the sample along with the PDF document for further investigation. Please use free file hosting servers to upload large data and provide us the link.

Sample: http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/directtrac/123816/PDFViewerWintRT_20131465862235.zip

Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thanks,

Suresh

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon