We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Why is setting up command bars through the designer so difficult?

I am finding the mainFrameBarManager and its Bar and BarItem relationship practically unuseable through the designer. I copy pretty much what is in the samples and can''t get anything to show in the command bar during design or run time. Also, there are really bad repainting issues in the designer and sometimes the runtime. One thing I can''t figure out is how to add a barItem to a bar through the designer. There seems to be no way to do it, yet somehow the samples have it done. Also, setting the ImageList to a barItem does not enable you to use the pull down for its imageindex. When you click the drop down, there''s no list of images. I had to set the index by hand. On the whole it seems half baked. Someone hopefully will tell me what I''m missing.

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 11, 2004 06:22 PM UTC

Hi BNHF, If you are using our v1.6 release, then please refer to the Tools Users Guide which outlines a series of steps which shows you how to use the "Customize" dialog to create menu Bars and add BarItems. If you are using our v2.0 releases, then we have a XPMenus Tutorial integrated with the VS.NET Help. 1. Please goto VS.NET documentation 2. Click on the Contents tab on the right hand side 3. Chose Syncfusion Essential Suite >> Essential Tools >> Users Guide >> Packages >> Menus Package >> XPMenus >> Tutorials >> Tutorial Please let me know if you need further assistance. Thanks for choosing Syncfusion products. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon