We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

multiple parents using diagram web control

Hello Sir,
   I want to ask you that in diagram web control. The scenario the diagram deals with is only one parent or manger. Is multiple managers cas can also be achieved. For example an employee can have multiple manger at the same level. And same level employees are attached by single line.

Kindly reply as soon as possible

4 Replies

AA Amsath Ali M Syncfusion Team April 9, 2014 04:54 PM UTC

Hi Muneeb,

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion products.

Yes, it is possible to achieve the layout with nodes having multiple parents. We suggest you to use the Diagram’s Hierarchic layout manager” to achieved your requirement. For this, we suggest you to refer the dashboard sample “Hierarchical Layout”. You can also find the sample in the below location:

..\..\AppData\Local\Syncfusion\EssentialStudio\{installedVersion}\Windows\Diagram.Web\Samples\2.0\Layout Alogorithim\Hierarchic layout

You can also run the samples through dashboard using the below steps:

Run the Dashboard->Asp. Net->Diagram->Layout Algorithm->Hierarchic Layout

Please let us know if you have any queries.

Regards,

Amsath

MA Muneeb Ahmed April 10, 2014 08:03 AM UTC

Hello Sir Thank you for your reply..  Basically i want to utilize these controls to make a family tree. The example you show it is good for the relationship which are 1 to many. For many to many relationship how can i do it.
E.g a person have a mother and father . In one level above him. And a Sibling in the same level as a person. So how can i do it.

Can you please create me some sample example

AA Amsath Ali M Syncfusion Team April 14, 2014 03:53 AM UTC

Hi Muneeb,

Thanks for your update.

Currently we are analysing your requirement, and we will update you with more details by the end of today (04/14/2014).

Please let us know if you have any queries.

Regards,

Amsath Ali. M

AA Amsath Ali M Syncfusion Team April 14, 2014 06:05 AM UTC

Hi Muneeb,

Thanks for your patience.

Since we don’t have support to layout the nodes automatically in a family tree, we suggest you to create a ‘CustomLayoutManager’ by driving the base class of any of our predefined layout managers, and apply your own logic to achieve your requirement. Please follow the steps provided in the below document to create your own custom layout manager.

Please refer the below attached sample and procedure to create custom layout manager.

Regards,

Amsath Ali. M

Attachment: Sample_and_Procedure_175af29a.zip

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon