We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon
Starting in 2019, the Reporting control is no longer included in Essential Studio. If you're experiencing issues with the Syncfusion Reporting Platform, Report Viewer, Report Designer, or Report Writer, we recommend migrating to Bold Reports, our dedicated reporting platform.

Bold Reports offers a comprehensive suite of tools and features for all your reporting needs, and we will help you make a smooth transition from the discontinued control. Our support team at https://support.boldreports.com/ is here to assist you with any questions or difficulties you may encounter during the migration process.

We thank you for choosing Syncfusion and appreciate your understanding.

Loading RDLC Reports with Custom Assemblies

I am trying to open an RDLC report with a reference to a custom assembly and am having difficulties getting the report to work. My first challenge was getting the report to compile. I ended up adding the custom assembly to the GAC and then the report would at least compile but when calling a method from an expression in the report just results in #Error. I have tried using a static method (namespace.classname.StaticMethod(...) and instance method (Code.instanceName.InstanceMethod(...)) neither work. Do you have any examples of this that I can look at?

1 Reply

AS Anandakumar S Syncfusion Team March 12, 2014 04:16 AM UTC

Hi Douglas, 

We are able to reproduce the issue “RDLC Reports with Custom Assemblies returns error”, in order for you to get a solution for this behavior, please contact us at Syncfusion Support or you may also open a support ticket by login in to direct trac  account and mention this forum link for reference. 

Regards,

Anandakumar S

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon