We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Set SelectedItem in Code Behind

I know the summary for the SelectedItem says that it is Read Only, but it sets fine and shows up in XAML for the binding. It will set the item the first time, but when the tree loses focus and I try to set it again it won't changed the selected item and actually freezes the whole tree. I have the Tree in a Popup and when it opens the first time it is fine, but when you go to set it again it will just close the popup when you click on the tree.

3 Replies

VV Vignesh V Syncfusion Team February 18, 2014 10:40 AM UTC

Hi Jeremy,

Query #1:  It will set the item the first time, but when the tree loses focus and I try to set it again it won't changed the selected item and actually freezes the whole tree.

We are able to reproduce the reported issue 'SfTreeNavigator freezes while SelectedItem is set through codes. We have logged a bug report and fix for this issue will be available in our upcoming 2013 volume 4 service pack 2 release.

Query #2: I have the Tree in a Popup and when it opens the first time it is fine, but when you go to set it again it will just close the popup when you click on the tree.

We are unable to reproduce the above reported problem. Please provide us replication procedure demo or modify the sample to reproduce the issue. So that it will be helpful for us to analyse and provide you optimal solution.

Please find the sample in below link in which we tried to reproduce the issue.

Please let us know if you have any queries.

Regards,

Vignesh V

Attachment: TreeNavigator_115879_c2008370.zip

JS Jeremy Shore NO LONGER WITH COMPANY February 19, 2014 04:21 PM UTC

Here is your project with the problem. Press open, then click outside the drawer so it light dismisses. Then press open again and try to select something.
Attachment: TreeNavigator_ed84709e.zip

VV Vignesh V Syncfusion Team February 20, 2014 12:13 PM UTC

Hi Jeremy,

Thank you for your update.

We are able to reproduce the issue “SfTreeNavigtor closes while losing focus when it is placed in Popup”. we have logged bug report and fix for this issue will be available in our upcoming volume 4 2013 service pack 2 release.

Please let us know if you have any queries.

Regards,

Vignesh V

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon