We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Controling the size of the Auto Complete suggestion dropdown

I am trying to control the size of the Auto Complete dropdown.  Right now it maxes out to the size of the parent textbox.  I have content in the dropdown that is wider than that.  Can I change the size?

6 Replies

DD Dave Davis February 17, 2014 04:25 PM UTC

So sad no response from Syncfusion.  One of the reasons I want to abandon their products.

VV Vignesh V Syncfusion Team February 18, 2014 05:27 AM UTC

Hi Dave,

Sorry about the delayed response.

We are able to reproduce the reported issue ' Larger data is cropped in autocomplete suggestion list'. We have already logged bug report regarding this and fixed it. This issue fix will be available in our upcoming 2013 volume 4 Service pack 2 release.

Please let us know if you have any queries.

Regards,

Vignesh V

DD Dave Davis February 24, 2014 03:18 PM UTC

I want to be able to control the size of the Auto Complete suggestion dropdown.  I have items that are larger than the with of the textbox.  I am showing multiple fields for each item in the dropdown. Once the users selects and item only one field is displayed so the textbox is the size I want for the final display.  Is there a way to make the dropdown wider than the parent textbox?

VV Vignesh V Syncfusion Team February 26, 2014 03:23 PM UTC

Hi Dave,

We have logged bug report for this issue and fixed it.  The fix is in such a way that it will automatically adjust Suggestion list's width to the Largest Data present in it. This fix will be available in our upcoming 2013 volume 4 Service Pack 2 release.

Your query: I want to be able to control the size of the Auto Complete suggestion dropdown.

If your requirement is to set the width of suggestion list manually, we need to consider it as feature request to Set it through property. Hence please confirm us your requirement, so that it will be helpful for us to work on the same.

Regards,

Vignesh V

DD Dave Davis March 14, 2014 08:14 PM UTC

Attached is a sample.  I want the fuchsia box extend to the width of the coral box without effecting the size of the original textbox. How do I do that.

Attachment: App3_84eeba8f.zip

VV Vignesh V Syncfusion Team March 17, 2014 01:55 PM UTC

Hi Dave,

We regret to inform you that this issue fix is not included in our 2013 volume 4 Service pack release 2. This has been fixed and it will be available in our upcoming 2014 volume 1 release. If you need patch for it, then  we request you to contact us at Syncfusion Support or you may also create your customer account under Direct Trac and open a new incident so that our support engineer will assist you accordingly.

Our Direct Trac support system can be accessed from the following link:

https://www.syncfusion.com/account/login?ReturnUrl=%2fsupport%2fdirecttrac%2fincidents

Regards,

Vignesh V

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon