We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Your Demo is riddled with Errors!

I have paid dearly for your product but every time I've tried to use a component so far, it find it has binding errors.   First it was the grid and you say its now been fixed in the next version, which I've had to wait 2 months for.

Now I'm trying to use the charts. So I ran your accumulation chart demo.  Watch the output in Visual Studio IDE, as you swipe through pivots to show the various charts (doughnut, pie, funnel, pyramid etc).

You'll see many many of these errors:

System.Windows.Data Error: BindingExpression path error: 'StrokeDashArray' property not found on 'Syncfusion.UI.Xaml.Charts.PieSeries' 'Syncfusion.UI.Xaml.Charts.PieSeries' (HashCode=57246722). BindingExpression: Path='StrokeDashArray' DataItem='Syncfusion.UI.Xaml.Charts.PieSeries' (HashCode=57246722); target element is 'Syncfusion.UI.Xaml.Charts.PieSegment' (Name='null'); target property is 'StrokeDashArray' (type 'System.Windows.Media.DoubleCollection')..

System.Windows.Data Error: BindingExpression path error: 'StrokeDashArray' property not found on 'Syncfusion.UI.Xaml.Charts.DoughnutSeries' 'Syncfusion.UI.Xaml.Charts.DoughnutSeries' (HashCode=15486430). BindingExpression: Path='StrokeDashArray' DataItem='Syncfusion.UI.Xaml.Charts.DoughnutSeries' (HashCode=15486430); target element is 'Syncfusion.UI.Xaml.Charts.DoughnutSegment' (Name='null'); target property is 'StrokeDashArray' (type 'System.Windows.Media.DoubleCollection')..

Do you people not test your own samples that are shipped with your product!!??

Please sort this out as this is as I will not ship my app with your product until your bugs are sorted out.

Do I have to wait another 3 months for to be fixed?  When will I finally be able to use a bug free library of components I paid for?!

I have Version 11.4.0.26

4 Replies

KV Karthikeyan V Syncfusion Team February 17, 2014 06:12 AM UTC

Hi Roger,

Sorry for inconvenience causes.

We have confirmed that the issue with “BindingExpression path error occurred in SfChart” is a defect and we have logged a defect report.

If you need patch for this issue, please create a Direct Trac incident for this with the below link.

https://www.syncfusion.com/account/login?ReturnUrl=%2fsupport%2fdirecttrac%2fincidents

Please let us know, if you require further assistance on this.

Regards,

Karthikeyan V.

RW Roger Weiss February 17, 2014 07:41 AM UTC

Thanks for you response.

The last time you said that if I wanted a patch I must log direct tract incident.  So I logged a direct tract incident and requested a patch, but I was told I'm not a premium customer so I can't request patches.  So what this boils down to is that I haven't paid enough to get a bug free product.  They're YOUR bugs, not mine.  You released a product that you knew had bugs because they were very apparent in the demo app you wrote. 

So you release a product with bugs and then, if I want them fixed in a patch you say I must pay more for that service. 

Its  very unethical and unfair.

Very unhappy customer.

KV Karthikeyan V Syncfusion Team February 21, 2014 09:20 AM UTC

Hi Roger,

We deeply regret for the inconvenience caused.  The issues you reported have been expedited and consolidated patch will be delivered to you on 25th Feb 2014.

Please login to your direct trac account to receive the patch for these issues.

Thanks,

Karthikeyan V.

OR Odne Røv March 4, 2014 01:55 PM UTC

We also get the same error when using SfChart.

System.Windows.Data Error: 40 : BindingExpression path error: 'StrokeDashArray' property not found on 'object' ''ColumnSeries' (Name='SimplifiedAngleDistributionColumnSeries')'. BindingExpression:Path=StrokeDashArray; DataItem='ColumnSeries' (Name='SimplifiedAngleDistributionColumnSeries'); target element is 'ColumnSegment' (HashCode=16268231); target property is 'StrokeDashArray' (type 'DoubleCollection')

Should we also get a patch then?

Regards
Odne

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon