We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Load mail merge template from database

Hi,
There are old posts related to database load/save of files, but it appears that the samples described are no longer available. I wonder if an up-do-date sample is available anywhere? 

I am hoping to use the database to store MailMerge templates in the database and retrieve these depending on requirements to create customer mail merge letters - rather than save these same files on the server file system (which seems messy to me). I have the tools to upload and save the files (using "image" data type) but cannot work out how I might read these and then process them through Mail Merge. Can this be done?
Any ideas/suggestions gratefully received. 
Many thanks

1 Reply

SK Sathish K Syncfusion Team February 5, 2014 01:09 PM UTC

Hi Graeme,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

You can keep the template document either in database or in some other locations. When you want to perform mail marge then the corresponding template document should be loaded in the “WordDocument” object as a word document object. So the document retrieval from some other sources should be in proper word document format only.

If you are still facing problem while performing mail merge, then update us your sample with clear description of your requirement.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Regards,

Sathish

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon