We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Page Orientation vs. page dimensions.

There seems to be an orientation problem, we're trying to normalize a pdfs to a consistent page orientation. I am working with my developer to clarify but the gist is that he can pull in the orientation (iterating through a multi-page pdf) but that value is inconsistent - doesn't always jive with the page dimensions so that was why he went to look at page size and dimensions where "width being greater than height equals landscape" but apparently that is also inconsistent as page height is zero at times. He's using the pdf library from SyncFusion but we're not sure if we are running into malformed pdfs or we are not using the API properly. I can't share pdfs as they are sensitive and I don't have access to his code but I might be able to get that. I know that doesn't make it easy to figure this out an I apologize for that. Thanks, Bob

3 Replies

PH Praveenkumar H Syncfusion Team February 3, 2014 03:48 AM UTC

Hi Bob,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

Could you please report this issue through Direct Trac Developer Support System with input pdf files, (https://www.syncfusion.com/account/login?ReturnUrl=%2fsupport%2fdirecttrac%2fincidents because , it is secure and you can take the advantage of the expertise of a dedicated a support engineer and a guaranteed response time and we hope you will take advantage of this system as well. If you have already reported, please ignore this.

Regards,
Praveen

CM Cheech Marin April 15, 2021 02:43 PM UTC

Bob isn't the only one facing this issue. Why was this handled in private?

GK Gowthamraj Kumar Syncfusion Team April 16, 2021 03:03 PM UTC

Hi Cheech, 

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion support. 

We can get the page size from the existing document by using the property called Size available in the class PDFLoadedPage. Currently, Syncfusion does not have the property to get the PDF orientation, but you can work around this by comparing the actual page width and height. 

Refer to the below sample to get the page size and its orientation. 

If still you are facing an issue, kindly provide more details such as modified sample, input document, product version to check the issue in our end. So, that it will be helpful for us to analyze and assist you further on this. 

Regards, 
Gowthamraj K 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon