We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Framework compatibility

Hello,

I just downloaded the Windows Forms evaluation (version 11.3045.0.30). When I tried to use the DockingManager component i got the following warning:

Warning    2    The primary reference "Syncfusion.Core, Version=11.3045.0.30, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=632609b4d040f6b4" could not be resolved because it was built against the ".NETFramework,Version=v4.5" framework. This is a higher version than the currently targeted framework ".NETFramework,Version=v4.0".

And the error:

Error    1    The type or namespace name 'Syncfusion' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)    C:\Projects\Test\Form1.Designer.cs    67    17  

The components have an version compatibly with .NetFramework 4.0? I can't use 4.0 because my customers are stuck with Windows XP.

Thanks

1 Reply

VN Vadivel Natarajan Syncfusion Team November 20, 2013 03:54 PM UTC

Hi Rafael,

We regret for the inconvenience caused.

It seems that reported error has occurred due to the 4.5 Framework component has been referred to your project targeting 4.0 Framework. We would like to let you know that we do not have backward compatibility support(we cannot use 4.5 Framework controls in the project targeting 4.0 Framework). But, we have Forward compatibility support(i.e. We can use 4.0 Framework controls in the project targeting 4.5 Framework). So, if you wish to configure 4.0 controls in Visual Studio 2012 toolbox, then please refer the below mentioned Knowledge Base article link.

http://www.syncfusion.com/support/kb/2336 

Please let us know if you need any further assistance on this.

Regards,

Vadivel N

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon